Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for sailing group near me!  Bottom

• Hello all,

This is my first post on here but I have been reading for a few years now. I recently posted my boat for sale but have been reluctant about it for awhile. After talking with a guy about it who sails in my area once a year I have decided to try and find some people to sail with. The main reason for trying to sell the catamaran is because I have no one to sail with. My wife hates it and everybody else thinks it is cool for like 30 minutes and wants to go back to the shore to drink. I honestly don't think the work to raise the mast and sails is worth it to go out an hour or so. I heard there are some groups in the Panama City, FL area that I could get integrated with to learn more about sailing and maybe rekindle my passion for this sport. Look forward to meeting some new people, Johnathon
  • Are you in Panama City?

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • My friend and I live in Tallahassee and sail all through out the panhandle. Between the 2 of us we have a Hobie 16, a Gcat 5.7 and a Supercat 20. We do ply the Panama City area frequently as well as east of there in Mexico Beach/Cape San Blas/St Vincent Area. Not sure where you're located but your welcome to join us anytime. We do a lot of overnighters but do some day sailing as well.
  • Nice newer NACRA 500, and interesting story that you bought it in while stationed in Spain. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. Having some friends to share the sailing can make a big difference in the fun factor.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/classifieds/data/1/GOPR0206.JPG

Edited by tominpa on Apr 15, 2017 - 11:21 AM.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • Wish I still lived down there, I'd join you for sure. I grew up in the Destin area. You sail in some really nice areas. I think there is a group that sails around Grayton Beach. I have seen a few pics on my 30A app showing a group of Hobie 16s lined up along the beach from time to time.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Hello, yes I'm in Panama City. For some reason I was not getting notified when you guys posted a comment. Anyways I recently found one place I can launch but most of the groups of people that sail are located all around Panama City Beach. It is started to look like I will have to travel around an hour to get some sailing time in with other people.

Jalex- Where do you do overnighters to? I was looking into that at one point but never found any good beaches for camping on. I would be interested and I have several dry bags from diving/spearfishing.
  • Most of our overnighters are to the east of PC. St joeseph peninsula and Little St George are our favorites. When we do PC we usually go out to shell island to snorkel and explore. We've camped there before but you really are not suppose to, and not really necessary since St Andrews is so close.
  • In a couple of weeks there are going to be ~50 cats showing up at St Andrews Bay YC in Panama City for Catterwalla. Why don't you show up and meet the local fleet, they should be out in force.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.