Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

UFO pre-production foiling catamaran  Bottom

• A UFO pre-production model will be on display at Primm, Nv on the playa during annual landsailing week March 19-25. This will not be the shiny new hulls out of the mold, but will allow hands on look at this 9' foiling cat. It will be on east side of Lake Ivanpah. Go past the Lotto Store about 50 yds & turn right thru gate. Drive about 3 miles on edge of lakebed to find the display & perhaps try a landsailor as well. New models available in early June. Pete

Edited by pbegle on Mar 02, 2017 - 04:49 PM.
  • Pete,
    Are the production models 9 feet as well?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • http://www.fulcrumspeedworks.com/UFO/overview/

Yep, but remember you're foiling and it has a gantry. I think it will be pretty good bang for your buck; only better is converting some suitable A's to the latest foils.
  • Pretty cool but I'm just picturing what I would look like on that tiny thing. Foiling might not be the problem sinking would. icon_lol

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • We'll have two on Big Bear Lake by April 1st & one will be in rental. Wet suit needed, but this boat is going to appeal to a lot of older guys who are tired of man-handling a 400 lb boat. Just trolley it to beach, rig & sail. No trailer needed, the 70 lb hull will slide up on roof racks (72" bars needed). We'll have a lot to report in May. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.