Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • Not a Nacra but a Mystere 5.0 XL

--
    AB
    --
  • I was just wondering how and why they put it on the trailer backwards!!!!

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • They've added more pics I see. They should be informed of the mistake in their listing Some folks like to trail them backwards as it suits their mast raising method. Is she worth snapping up? I'm not in the area or the market. I sent them a heads up on the make.
    They have corrected their ad.

Edited by gahamby on Oct 04, 2016 - 01:09 PM.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • QuoteI was just wondering how and why they put it on the trailer backwards!!!!

Looks correct to me ;)

http://asnstudios.com/images/yoke2.jpg

Just about all of us "regulars" at my beach trailer the boat this way. as you can see the mast support acts as a great "starter" so we can get under the mast and solo step it.
  • Yes, I see now how that would help in stepping the mast if you step the mast with the boat on the trailer, I step the mast with the boat off the trailer but may have to try this as it does look helpful. Now, If you were trailering a great distance over the road, would it matter if the boat was facing forward or backwards?

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Quote If you were trailering a great distance over the road, would it matter if the boat was facing forward or backwards?

I have no idea which way is more aero-dynamic but i imagine it would have some effect on that

I have driven about 1.5 hours on US 19 (stop-and-go traffic that opens up to 60 mph) and had no issues

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.