Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

foiling week Newport September 8th to 11th  Bottom

• Foiling Week Newport from September 8th to 11th will have racing for foiling catamarans open to any type.

Current racing plan is to have Moths, Waszp and A class racing in dedicated classes, plus a “prototype” class open to all. If sufficient entries are achieved for specific classes ( such as Flying Phantoms and Nacra F20s ) we will also have dedicated racing for each.

Will be possible to try out boats such as S9

There will also be a forum dedicated to foiling projects and foiling relevant topics

check www.foilingweek.com

Join your event #foilingcommunity

Contact information:
    info@foilingweek.com
    www.foilingweek.com
  • Sounds like a great event, thanks for posting. Please keep us updated.

I've approved your event to the calendar as well.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I'm driving up with 4 x foiling A-Class cats from Atlanta for the event. Looking forward to seeing the other foiling classes.

-Mike
  • Mike,

What kind of A-Class are you working with? Have the full foiling A-Class reached a point of agreement at all?

Are the "Z-Foils" that can be inserted from the top going to bring an age of full foiling to other new beachcat designs? Since foiling first appeared on beachcats I've thought that the bottom entry foils were the single biggest roadblock to wide adoption.

Watching video of Mischa steady foiling is amazing, but maybe only a rock star like that can make it work.

Can you give us an update on the current state of the art?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • On our trailer we will have 4 foilers and 2 classics. The foilers are a 2015 DNA/Gunboat edition, 2 x 2015 Exploders, and Evo that's converted to a foiler with Exploder Z-Foils and T rudders. I think between the 4 foilers, we are all running different foil and rudder designs.

All of them are class compliant and use insert from above Z-foils. The foils are getting much more stable. It takes a lot of physical movement to punch it up on foils and maintain extended flight. We are all still comparing foil angle setting and techniques. My main goal for Foiling Week is to talk and observe what the pro's are doing - Mischa makes it look so easy...

The week after Foiling Week, we will hosting the A-Class North Americans at the same venue. So it's exciting to have 2 events back to back at Sail Newport.

-Mike
  • Mike,

Thanks for the info, good luck at foiling week and the A-Class NA's. It's an exciting time in the evolution of beachcats.

Damon
  • QuoteOn our trailer we will have 4 foilers and 2 classics. The foilers are a 2015 DNA/Gunboat edition, 2 x 2015 Exploders, and Evo

You are "livin the dream"~!
  • We will be sending up a Flying Phantom and my two S9s. The S9s are available for trials. Hope you guys enjoy them as much as we have. Thank you to my friends for all their help!
    S9 Foiling - Team Texas
    (YouTube: S9 Foiling - Team Texas)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.