Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

America's Cup Chicago  Bottom

• So who will be at Navy pier this weekend watching the racing. I plan to be there Friday through Sunday.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Hey Chicago and environs cat sailing aficionados don't miss this event, if it's anywhere near as exciting as NYC event in May on Hudson that I alerted local NYC area Beachcats owners on this site to. was almost as good as sailing your own cat ,but enlightening as to foiling in person & not on line videos. These 44 ft cats fly- they jibe without hesitating at phenomenal speeds . a must see for all Beachcats sailors. please enjoy and report, go USA Oracle & pray for wind
  • NY was amazing during the sunday race. We were front row 30 yards from the leeward mark. Foiling at us at 30+ knots and ripping around the gate. Was quite an experience. seeing it live is NOTHING like watching on TV. If your within 250 miles. Get in your car and GO!!!!
  • I'll be there Saturday

--
    -Zach
    --
  • I'm here and was lucky enough to be invited as guest on an 80' Hatteras all 3 days. Today we set up at the windward mark right on the boundary. Good news is I brought the big camera and I'm taking hundreds of pics. Bad news is I thought I packed the camera spare batteries, and flash cards but I can't find them. I think the battery will hold up and I've got room for 1200 more pics on this card. I'll get pictures up when I can.

We got a nice treat between race 2 and 3, Spithill cruised the Oracle boat through the spectator boats during a match race with other teams, and sailed right in front of us. Had everyone hooting and hollering. Winds were great and temps around 93 degrees.

Two capsizes today, a first. One due to Oracle Slingsby not seeing another boat until too late and Spithill capsizes to avoid collision. The other capsize (NZ) lost skipper and crew overboard when the boat spun out and nobody at the helm. Epic day!!

https://www.facebook.com/…40712698/?type=2&theater

--
    Philip
    --
  • P.M.I'm here and was lucky enough to be invited as guest on an 80' Hatteras all 3 days. Today we set up at the windward mark right on the boundary. Good news is I brought the big camera and I'm taking hundreds of pics. Bad news is I thought I packed the camera spare batteries, and flash cards but I can't find them. I think the battery will hold up and I've got room for 1200 more pics on this card. I'll get pictures up when I can.

We got a nice treat between race 2 and 3, Spithill cruised the Oracle boat through the spectator boats during a match race with other teams, and sailed right in front of us. Had everyone hooting and hollering. Winds were great and temps around 93 degrees.

Two capsizes today, a first. One due to Oracle Slingsby not seeing another boat until too late and Spithill capsizes to avoid collision. The other capsize (NZ) lost skipper and crew overboard when the boat spun out and nobody at the helm. Epic day!!

https://www.facebook.com/…40712698/?type=2&theater

Do you still own the N20?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • and this. . . .
    icon_smile
    https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13416923_784339825035391_5588681426731021605_o.jpg

--
    Philip
    --
  • Like I said. . . Epic!
    https://www.facebook.com/…videos/1272041356154247/

--
    Philip
    --
  • Was there at the pier today but light and variable winds kept them from racing
    Had to go back to work a bit ago, and they might get in a heat if winds continue to build
    Amazing boats, flying a hull in winds at 4 knots and less
    Nice to see all the local interest. The pier was jammed with people

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • Conditions today were nothing like yesterday. Sunday looked to be totally different also. Forecasted NE winds, with highs in the 60's, where today it was in the 90's. Today was a let down after yesterday, but those boats are still awesome to see.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.