Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any cat sailors in the Los Angeles Area?  Bottom

• My Hobie Wave arrives next week and looking for other sailors in the area. I am a new sailor and bought the Wave cuz its so much fun. Reach out if you have tips, want to provide some expertise, etc.
    Happy sailing....
  • Bring your Wave up to Ventura sometime.
  • There are several cat sailors in the ventura area that would be open to going for a sail on any given weekend.
    There is also a fair size group up in the Big Bear Lake which is where my family like to go, that is almost always out on the water on the weekends .
    If your coming from the LA area it make for a nice weekend trip.

There is always long beach which has the long drivepads at Claremont Pl but you will need beach wheels

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • There are several cat sailors in the ventura area that would be open to going for a sail on any given weekend.
    There is also a fair size group up in the Big Bear Lake which is where my family like to go, that is almost always out on the water on the weekends .
    If your coming from the LA area it make for a nice weekend trip.

There is always long beach which has the long drivepads at Claremont Pl but you will need beach wheels

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • Thanks for the responses. I will definitely check out Big Bear, have already checkout Alamitos Bay/Long Beach and the breakwater area, which should be good. What's it like up in Ventura?
  • Big Bear cost $500/6mo for mast up storage on the beach. Permanent race marks & races every weekend. Pete
  • Ventura Marina has a nice sandy beach area where you can setup for the day near the harbor entrance for quick access to the open ocean. It's a five minute sail from the launch ramp and a couple of minute drive from the ramp the beach area parking. Sailing inside the marina would be ok for small kids, but probably too restrictive for teens due to its size and 5mph speed limit. There's kayak rentals and shops nearby too. If you want to sail outside the marina you can check out my Prindle 19 videos on youtube. Let me know if you're coming up.
  • Sounds like a nice set up around there. I will have to drive up one weekend. My boat arrives this weekend. I'm hoping to go outside the marina down here too once I get more hours under my belt. I use to windsurf and still surf, so I'm familiar with ocean, wind, current, etc.,,,I will definitely check out your videos. Thanks!
  • Where on big bear is the catamaran storage?

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.