Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

mounting gopro to a mark  Bottom

• Hello

We use Tetrahedron shaped sailing marks.
    I would like to mount a gopro (mabye 3) to mark. I was thinking about making a 3 sided mount out of PVC and using a rubber hose to make the 60 degree angles of the triangle. Also using swim noodles around the PCV to keep the pvc and hose clamps from damaging the mark.
    Then I started thinking about the up and down motion of the mark in swells in shooting video. I cannot see a way to damppen the effect.
    So I am open to any suggestions, ideas of how to shoot video from the mark, without making the viewers seasick.

Has anyone shot video from a kite or balloon placed over a mark? I was thinking of doing this also. I came across kite-aerial-photography-101. I would use picavet suspension on the kite/balloon line.
    We normally keep a chase boat achored just up wind of the windward mark. I would send up the kite/balloon from this boat and then try to place the gopro above the mark. I think the boat may have to be a little further upwind just to make sure the line stayed away from mast and sails. Hopefully the picavet system would take out the wind and swell buffiting. I would have to rig an achor and bouy to the kite/balloon line just in case the chase boat need to assist someone in a hurry.
    Any thoughts or comments on how this might work or a better way to shoot video or photos looking down on mark roundings.

sorry for any typos or grammatical errors I am at work and typed this up in a hurry.
    Thanks,
    Greg

--
    Prindle 18 w/ wings, Prindle 16, Prindle 15, current
    Hobie 16 in rebuild
    2 Hobie 18 past
    NACRA 5.2 past

Saint Cloud, Florida
    member Lake Eustis Sail Club
    http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.