Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA 500 Upgrades  Bottom

• All,

I purchased a NACRA 500 last year and have mostly been sailing it solo. I'm starting to get a handle on the boat and really enjoy it. I would like to eventually make some upgrades on the boat over the next few years. The first upgrade I was considering was installing a self tacking jib. I've surfed the web and found some videos that show a NACRA 500 with a self tacking jib. Does anyone know where I could find a kit for that system?

As usual, you assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

--
    Laser
    SR21
    --
  • Search out the NACRA dealers. I know there's one down in Florida,Key sailing I think. They should be able to get you a plug amd play kit for your boat if the factory males one for the 500.

When I had my 500 I put a spin on it. I contacted NACRA and they put me in contact with Mike Krantz in Georgia, not sure if he's still a NACRA dealer or not. He ordered the spin kit from the factory and met me to install it. It was really nice not to have to try and figure everything out.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Mike is a Zhik rep these days (he probably still has nacra connections)
    I purchased some products from him a few years ago, he was awesome to deal with

If youcan't find a kit, i have a spare carbon fiber self tacking curved track for the front beam. came off a f18 (or f16). it was on the front beam of a mystere i purchased. I took it off

send me a PM if interested

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.