Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Annapolis Area Sailors Help Me Get Back On A Cat  Bottom

• I sailed a handful of different cats roughly 20 years ago. I was in college in SC and learned sailing on a Hobie and a Prindle 16 on a big lake. Post college I had an Hobie 18 down in the Keys for a year or so. Then a Prindle 16 off the beach in SC. Now I've been living in Annapolis, MD and despite all the water around here, I haven't set foot on a cat for several years. I've been searching the classifieds and I'm nearly ready to buy a boat again. But first, I'd love to get back on the water once or twice and maybe get my girlfriend interested before I go whole hog!
    Anyone around this area that could offer up a brief afternoon sail? Any ideas on good places to keep a boat rigged and ready?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Yea, I'll bring my H18 over and if you like it, after you sail it, you can buy it from me. PM me.

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Offer is expired. Good luck.

--
    Goodsailing

H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Wow, that was fast. I figured I would get an email notification when there was a post. Glad you got your boat sold. Thanks for the offer.
  • Good Luck in Annapolis!
    I lived there for almost a decade and found it the most unfriendly catamaran area I've ever sailed.
    West River Sailing Club is about the only place you'll find a litter of cats and access to the water.
    Access to a place to launch is a challenge unless you live in a high dollar neighborhood that allows residents access. Just because you live in Annapolis, don't think you'll be able to launch just anywhere.
    For the "sailing capital" of the US, the wind just doesn't blow -especially in the summer- and the chop on the Bay is just funky. Let me not fail to mention that it's about the most dangerous place I've sailed. Granted other Sailors have a clue, power boaters are flat out dangerous and the chances of a near miss extraordinary.
  • Thanks, I'll have to stop by the west river club and check it out.
  • kapnWow, that was fast. I figured I would get an email notification when there was a post.

kapn,
    In the links above under the topic title there is a link "subscribe to topic" if you click that it will change to "unsubscribe to topic" and you will get a noitice whenever there is a new post in this topic only.

You can also subscribe to notification from an entire forum like this "getting started" forum
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…forums/viewforum/forum/3

With the link "Subscribe to Forum"

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com,

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks, I thought I had done that originally. All forums seem similar, yet slightly different. Looking forward to spending more time here.
  • Boat wasn't for sale, I was just working on it. Contact me if you want to go sailing via email on this site.

Edited by goodsailing on May 23, 2015 - 11:26 AM.

--
    Goodsailing

H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Kevin, I have a Prindle 18 in Cape St. Claire on the Little Magothy River sitting in the yard for a last couple years that I will sell fairly cheap with a trailer. I would offer for you to sail it, but it needs a trampoline. Health issues forced me to quit sailing. Everything on it is in nice shape except the tramp and it comes with a top of the line harness. Let me know if you are interested to look at it.

Thanks,
    Albert
  • QuoteYea, I'll bring my H18 over and if you like it, after you sail it, you can buy it from me. PM me.
    QuoteBoat wasn't for sale,

Kinda confusing - sure looks like you were offering to sell it to him
  • QuoteKinda confusing - sure looks like you were offering to sell it to him

OP assumed I was offering the boat to anyone who wanted it, when actually I was only offering it to him. He thought since I retracted the offer I had sold the boat. I still have the boat. I enjoy your attention to detail MN3. Keep up the good work.

Edited by goodsailing on May 25, 2015 - 09:48 AM.

--
    Goodsailing

H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • I've been out of town for work nearly every week in the past month. House projects have eaten up the other available time. Now I'm realizing I need to push harder to get back on track.
    Goodsailing: Yes I also thought you were offering a demo ride in conjunction with selling your boat. I'll PM you
    HertinBertin: Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you as well.
  • Kevin, Welcome back to cat sailing. I sail out of the Podickory Point Marina (near Sandy Point State Park) at the mouth of the Magothy on the bay. I would be glad to get you out. I am an older guy at 56, who just enjoys sailing and would love to get you back on the water. I have a 1983 Prindle 18 that is mast up, launching on the sandy beach of the marina. I have sailed with Albert who posted above and he is selling a Prindle 18. Mine is not for sale unless I can find a SuperCat 20 or NACRA 20 at a good price. Podickory Point is a great venue with a pool, sandy beach, shower, picnic tables, and grills. Bay sailing can be rough and you will get wet! E-mail me with a phone number and hopefully we can get you out soon. Scott

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.