Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2015 Sailing Season  Bottom

• I know some are still a few months out but here's a little video to get the 2015 cat sailing season started.
    Catamarans are still the coolest boat on the water after all these years. (at least I think so!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7fLtDQoNk

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • David when did you shoot the video, this year?Got to get down to SD soon

Edited by onekiwi on Apr 02, 2015 - 09:33 AM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Nice vid!

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • nice ride
    why are your boards not all the way down?
  • Not an expert in fluid dynamics but with the hull buried in the water... isn't that slower than hull above water considering air is least resistance than water? Just wondering as I watched the video with the camera guy concentrating on the lee hulls' piercing action, not to start conversation about hulls/ waves vs flat water etc.

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Goodsailing it is a Nacra they like their bows in the water,helps to clear the transom.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Carl, That video was from last Saturday.
    Quotewhy are your boards not all the way down?
    I always pull up the windward board and pull up the leeward board halfway when my speed is over 10 knots. Older nacra boards are so wide that I don't need that much in the water as I go faster to keep the boat from sliding sideways.
    QuoteNot an expert in fluid dynamics but with the hull buried in the water... isn't that slower than hull above water considering air is least resistance than water? Just wondering as I watched the video with the camera guy concentrating on the lee hulls' piercing action, not to start conversation about hulls/ waves vs flat water etc.
    As far as the bow so deep in the water that's pretty mush how these hulls are deigned. We were pushing it pretty hard but only having 3" or 4" above the water is pretty fast. But we did bury the bow a few times and it felt like we hit the brakes. That's why I was watching the bow so much to see if I needed to move behind the dagger board. The new Nacras are designed to plane better with wider transoms and finer entries. If I were in the ocean I would have been farther back to not bury it to much every time we hit a swell.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.