Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

FUN RACE handicapping.  Bottom

• I live in San Pedro Belize. A small group of us get together with our Hobie Cats every sunday to Race. 1-18ft 1-16ft, 2-waves, 2getaways. It is all in fun but we know there is a huge advantage for the 18 and 16 over the others and the Getaway over the waves. We are searching for a simple system to handicap the races to make them more competitive and fun for the slower boats. All suggestions welcome. Just having fun on the water. Thanks
  • Wow, it's been decades, but I used to spend time there, Ambegris Cay. A good friend, Gerry Proule was chief pilot with Tropic Air, on the Twin Otters, good times, we had access to a little Bombardier Byte. We also used it as a base of operations for excursions to Flores, in order to get to Tikal, Guatemala.
    I'm not a racer, run with mixed fleet, same as you.
    There are lots of mixed fleet racers here, maybe some will help out, but why not try the Portsmouth Handicap
    http://www.ussailing.org/…ardstick/current-tables/
    Below the photo, "multihull classes" will give you the ratings for each boat.
    Click on Portsmouth Yardstick,(in the photo), then on the right side, "Portsmouth Yardstick Index".
    that will get you to a page with all the info & links.
    I would setup the whole thing in Excel, then just plug in the numbers. Down near the bottom is an
    "HC Sheet" that basically gives you everything you need to build the proper spreadsheet, & Excel has built in functions to give elapsed time from two inputted times.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.