Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H18 Magnum wings hardware  Bottom

• Ok I, I know I can purchase a mounting hardware kit for the magnum 18 wings I bought. I have an old assembly diagram instruction sheet I got off this site. I notice is comes with rivets yet the instructions say nothing about the rivets. My question; Do I really need to purchase this mounting kit for $250.00 or can I just pick up this hardware elsewhere? Does anyone have a picture of all item in the mounting kit or anyone have an H18 with the wings they could shoot a picture of the hardware. I'm not cheap but I think this mounting kit may have extra parts for mounting on different H18's. I'm just asking befor I order this online. Thanks for any input!
  • Quick question, do you have the older magnum wing design where the seating frame does not extend past the fore and aft cross bars or the newer style usually refered to as SX or formula wings where the seating area is much longer with the rear part of the seating area extending almost to the stern of the boat and the front of the seating frame goes about 12" in front of the forward crossbeam? The newer style magnum (SX) wings have some additional rear support struts in the installation kit that are not used on the older style magnum wings. If it is the older wing style you can order the individual mounting parts you need at http://shop.mariner-sails.com/Hobie-18-SX-Wing-Parts_c467.htm. If you are not sure what parts you need send me a PM as I have/installed both styles over years

Edited by NeubaurRL on Feb 07, 2015 - 12:58 PM.

--
    Randy Neubauer
    Apple Valley, MN
    2001 H18M
    --
  • THe magnum wings do not extend and the fram is one piece. The SX wings extend and are a few pieces. The rivets and mounting plates are upgrades for both wing styles to help support the attachment point in the wing. You should also be sure to install the shroud anchor re-reinforcements.
  • Thanks guys. I basically only paid around $150.00 for what I needed. Better than $300.00. I baically ordered parts through Murrys per piece. For the longer bar needed, I puchased a rod from McMaster Carr and made it my self. I could only order the short ones so I copied them. I should have ordered 1 and made the rest but to late. So, I got the wings for $550.00, $100.00 to have it shipped to me and $150.00 for the hardware. $800.00 total. The H18 only cost me $500.00 so all in all, I think I got a decent deal.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.