Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Dub Granger has passed  Bottom

• We are grieved to share the news of the passing of Dub Granger, Tommy Granger's father. Those of you in the multihull sailing community, please keep Tommy in your thoughts. Please also let anyone of interest know.

Dub was a pioneer in multihull modification and fabrication on the central Gulf, he built numerous cats and trimarans and was known for his mastery of composites.

Examples of his work include Randy Smyth's 25C "Yo" and the fastest F27 known, the ex-"Triple Up" -ex "Boudicca" F27GS
  • From the TCDYC site:

"Fellow sailors,
    I have some sad news: Dub Granger (Tommy Granger's father) passed away today after a short illness. Dub was a keen sailor, racer and also built and modified high performance multi hulls. Some of his projects included:
    Trapezoid - Trimaran with hand build composite wing mast
    Double Up - Stiletto 23 lightened for performance
    Triple up - Corsair F27GS (Granger/Smyth) extensively lightened with Marstrom rotating wing mast rig
    O.I.D. - 33' 1,500 lb catamaran. Starting point was a Stiletto 27 with hand built carbon / Kevlar hull extensions, Carbon cross beams and Carbon mast.
    I've had the privilege of being friends with Dub for over 10 years and writing this I find it hard to believe he has passed. I always enjoyed him wandering over into my yard when I was working on my boats and striking up a conversation about the latest America's cup developments or him sharing his ideas or insights. I had the opportunity to watch Dub build O.I.D. (with Tommy) and watch the project take shape before my eyes. He transformed a pile of foam and carbon fiber into a graceful and lightweight boat.
    Dub had a great sense of humor - a permanent twinkle in his eye. I never heard him complain, whine or bad mouth anyone. His work ethic was amazing, often working in the sun in the middle of the day laying up epoxy or sanding filler. He was a fountain of knowledge about multihull design and high performance sailing. He was very humble, letting his work speak for himself.
    Farewell Dub.
    Please keep Tommy & Suzy Granger and their family in your prayers and reach out with your condolences. Tommy and his dad were very close."

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.