Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mainsail colors - Whirlwind  Bottom

• Hi guys, I need your help. My wife and I decided that we will get a christmas present for ourselves, a new mainsail from Whirlwind for the Prindle 18-2. We are going the polyester laminate route (can't figure out yet what that is yet icon_rolleyes ) based on Chip's recommendation. However, I need some color pattern ideas. Could you guys share some pics of your whirlwind sails made from this material? I saw the stuff on his site, just wondering what others may have done. Pete

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=109547&g2_serialNumber=6

here are my new whirlwind sails...except mine are Dacron. you can play with the designs on the site..
    they are EXTREMELY powerful!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Bill, Your sails are the ones that originally inspired me to look into this. Jib is on order, white dacron. Hope to get some use out of it before ski season hits. Mainsail is going to be my wife's and my christmas present. The Prindle 18-2 is such a nice boat that it deserves a new sail. Lot of years left in those hulls.

BTW, are you finding them to be better in light air as well? I assume you are easing off the downhaul and outhaul to get a fuller draft.

Edited by peterk123 on Sep 08, 2014 - 05:50 PM.

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • the new sails make lite air days fun...you still move fast. when it gets around 15 mph you put your head on a swivel and hold on! it's really nice to have some headroom for power. the jib locks down the bows and you push it to the edge of pitchpole..the boat doesn't rock as much as it did with the old sails, just smooth straight line speed.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.