--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • We will be there...wouldn't miss it! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1978,1978,1979,1982,1986 Hobie 16's
    --
  • Need some more F18's...come on guys sign up for a good time :)

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • Lets get serious about this! Less than a month away. Early registration ends August 31, save $10 which will pay for FOUR draft beers during the weekend. prost

Who's IN? Lets make it a big one.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…viewtype/details/eid/686

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon , I talked to Juana a week and a half ago and she said there was already 15 boats registered and that that was a good # so early. Asked her also if she could put up registration list on her site and she said she will look into it. Doug

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • I'm in, F18

--
    Robbo
    Wave#1181
    Capricorn#86
    --
  • Somehow I didn't realize that the Juana Good Time Regatta had online registration and payment available.

Register Now!
    https://events.r20.consta…eidk=a07e9ehr4mcf7dbb533

I much prefer to register and prepay in advance, one less stress item to deal with onsite. When I have to pay at the event my wallet is usually a long walk away in the heat.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • The Gastons will be there on at least 2 boats, maybe 3. Not quite up to the number of Tepe Racing
  • Tepe has ya smoked numbers wise - there's a bunch! Great fellas.. those guys usually bring 4+ boats, in various stages of being dis-assembled and pieced together on one or two trailers max. Some sail at night in complete darkness other than the beach and are great guys! Last year my GF and I hosted the entire group over to our condo for a huge cookout! Was a great time! Don't know if i'll make it this year due to me closing on a house two weeks after the event ( $$$$$ ) I'm SUPER BUMMED……. I wanna go and form a group on an off day to cruise the actual gulf! Damn i wish i could go!
    Tim

Edited by fxloop on Aug 28, 2014 - 07:50 AM.

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Well, I'm a late entrant, but I do plan to attend. Been working on reglassing the keels of my 16, which should be completed this weekend. Looking foward to meeting everyone!

Just registered and booked a hotel room over at the Hampton Inn.

Edited by motivated on Aug 28, 2014 - 09:11 PM.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • Tim, I was just telling a friend about the amazing dinner we had! We are bummed you aren't going to make it, were probably going to starve! Lol
    We might have the Gastons beat in numbers.... But somehow they always manage to come in ahead of us! One of these years maybe we will beat them.... I hope. Lol
    We leave Wednesday evening, should be sailing Thursday by noon, maybe earlier.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • teperacingshould be sailing Thursday by noon, maybe earlier.

I'll probably be in the parking lot setting up Thursday unless I get in early enough Wednesday to get on the water.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I have some questions about this event. I'm bringing a Hobie 16, may not get down there to get warmed up till Friday.

1. I presume all of the boats will be racing together and the times will be handicapped (aside from the Hobie Waves). Is it a beach or water start?

2. All the races I've done have been rather informal. What's this one like? Is this serious, head's down racing or more of a fun race?

3. I just finished watching replays of the 2013 America's Cup. There were lots of rules (boundaries, who has right of way when overlapped, etc.). Do I need to study up on all of these rules and such?

4. Does anyone remember the course? Is it an "out and back" or does it have multiple gates/bouy turns?

5. How many boats show up for this event? Any idea how many Hobie 16's?

6. I have a spinnaker. Are there any penalties handed out for cheating (j/k)?

Thanks in advance. Any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by motivated on Aug 29, 2014 - 07:34 PM.

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • Karl, we had the same concerns our first time also... It is a race, but it's a fun race! The other sailors are a great bunch of guys who will gladly answer any questions you might have. On Saturday it is the distance race to a marker that you have to round to port as I recall, we start in the water, the start line is between a buoy and the committee boat. It's a fun race and they will deliver beer to your boat during race! On Sunday it is barrel races, they still confuse me after 6 years, we always have Captain Kirk draw it out in the sand or on a pizza box to remind us how they work, you are welcome to attend that meeting with us! Lol The only negative to this race is that you will have a blast, it is guaranteed, then you will be hooked and come back every year, we come from Ohio and it costs us a small fortune, but we would not miss it for anything! The people and juannas makes it a wonderful time! Looking forward to meeting you, I've been admiring your boat via the Internet for years, I'd love to try the chute on your boat!
    Your friend Glenn Tepe

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • Ps... I think there were 23 Hobie 16s last year.

--
    Tepe Racing
    Glenn Tepe
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    --
  • Glen,

Thanks for the reply. I found a course map in the photo albums. Are you the folks that bring your boats triple-stacked on the trailers?

Mine is in many pieces right now, hoping to have everything back together before we need to hit the road.

All the best.

--
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.