Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Storing a righting bucket  Bottom

• ANybody have any pics they could share of some under the tramp bag storage? Thx Pete

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
    --
  • I have the small bucket from Murrays. I stuff it into one of those zippered tramp pouches and clip it to the underside of the tramp lacings. It's tight, but it fits.

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/31-1401.jpg

sm
  • Those zippered tramp pouches are great till you get a day with big waves. Took less than an hour to destroy my bag on the H18. Suggest moving the bag to the top of the tramp on those days. Hard to get to but at least the bag will survive.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • I have my sailmaker sew a pouch to the bottom of the tramp just aft of the main beam, near the mast, with the opening (zipper or Velcro) facing aft to keep from taking abuse from incoming waves. I use mine to store a drift sock for the ARC, but one can be constructed to whatever size you need. Larger and thinner will create less drag in the sloppy stuff than smaller and deeper.
  • Am I better off just bungeeing a righting bag underneath and be done with it? I just ordered the Murray bag and I made up the 4:1 purchase system from some spare parts. Maybe just stuff the blocks and line into the bag and strap in place near the dolphin striker.

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    --
  • QuoteMaybe just stuff the blocks and line into the bag and strap in place near the dolphin striker.

never worked for me. I tired all sorts of places, ended up stuffing it in the top tramp pocket on my h18

When i got a new boat i had a custom pocket added by sunrise under a small custom front tramp i had them make,

it would work perfectly in the middle of the main tramp
    it has a double Velcro (the pocket attaches to tramp, and the flap covers that so it's impossible to wiggle loose

Back of bag - looking astern
    http://asnstudios.com/images/trampa.jpg

side of bag, you can see the flap
    http://asnstudios.com/images/trampa2.jpg

Edited by MN3 on Jul 11, 2014 - 01:31 PM.
  • Thats a sweet setup. I am going to tie the straps it came with through the grommets in the center of my prindle tramp and bungee to the dolphin striker. Hopefully, it will stay in place.

--
    New Prindle 18-2 Owner
    Former Prindle 18 Owner
    Multiple Hobie 16s
    Boylston Massachusetts
    --
  • Keep an eye on it in big sloppy stuff, don't underestimate the power of waves to rip stuff free, I've had the spin sucked out the back of the snuffer a couple of times.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.