Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Upstate New York, Lake George, Great Sacandaga Lake  Bottom

• Hey guys,
    Anyone sailing their beachcats on either Lake George or Sacandaga? I am close to Lake George and had a "compromising" arrangement last season, and am looking for another avenue to get on the water.
    It seems everywhere on Lake George is a no go, most all marinas that could cater to beachcats because of their layout/shoreline/beach-access, flatly turn you away the minute you say beach cat.
    I have yet to explore opportunities on the Sacandaga.
    i would like to find a location to leave the boat rigged and on-shore for the season (would pay rental, fees etc.).
    Let me know if anyone has any info.
    Thanks
    Patrick

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --
  • Also any recommendations on public launch, or day launch/marinas that would cater to cats on the Sacandaga.
    thanks again prost

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --
  • Patrick,

Check out Fleet 238 on Facebook. We sail mostly on Sacandaga and do a lake run from rogers rock to Lake George Village late September or early October. Several of us keep our cats on the lawn at Driftwood Marina at the south end of Sacandaga. Easy push on beachwheels into the lake. No problem for day use. Further North you can use Northhampton campground. Decent launch there nice for day use or camp overnight Fleet 238 used to host a Hobie regatta there. There are other options, but those are the most cat friendly. Send me your email address either here or on Facebook and I will add you to the email list. If there is wind I am going to try and organize a fleet outing this coming weekend. You can also back into the water at both of the mentioned places.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Hey Pete!
    I think you responded to one of my posts 2 years back about buying a beat-up Hobie21sc that was sitting on a mooring in Lake George. Very glad I paid attention to all the advice and warning signs, because the boat I ended up with is a beauty.

I am very glad that something like fleet238 exists, I feel like I am wearing a scarlet letter asking for a place to go up here in Lake George. I was actually shoo'd away from a marina 2 days ago as soon as I said catamaran, prompting this post looking for a way out. I actually put the boat up for sale because of all this as well. Mostly because I cannot find a place to land her, and because at the moment I will be doing most of my sailing solo. The 5.8 is just a little too much to handle solo on some days, and I'm 225-230# (not too far off for the spec race weight I believe). I love the idea of being able to leave the boat rigged on land (paying appropriate fees of course), and pick the day to sail based on conditions I can handle.

I will try to get down there next weekend and check Driftwood out, and hopefully work out a deal for the remainder of the season. A late season for me as there were many repairs and handful of upgrades made. I still have a little work left to do to my trailer. I finished rewiring, new lighting, and tires,; then saw my inboard seals were blown out, so I still need rebuild the hubs and she'll be mobile.

I will also touch base with the facebook page, thanks so much for responding!
    Cheers!
    Patrick

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.