Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mystere Rudder connect fitting  Bottom

• I noticed the little delrin fittings that connect the rudder arms to the cross tie bar on my 6XL are pretty cracked. In fact one broke yesterday.
    They look like 1" rod, (OD) turned to 3/4" at one end to fit inside the cross tie bar. I'm sure they would be cheap & easy to make a dozen of them, if I had the rod.
    As a ghetto fix I cut a piece out of the sidewall of a car tire, folded it in half & stuffed it into the X tie tube. Drilled a hole for the retaining pin, & another hole to accept the pin on the rudder arm. Put it together & trimmed the end.
    It works, but it looks like, well, a piece of car tire stuffed in the tube.
    Anybody have better solutions?
    McMaster Carr has the tube stock, but they don't like to ship it Canada.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Edchris177McMaster Carr has the tube stock, but they don't like to ship it Canada.

I don't understand since I've ordered from them several time and never had any problem.

--
    AB
    --
  • Please count me in for a few if/when you get the materials and perfect that skill
  • Those plastic parts don't look too durable to me. The type of plastic Mystere uses seems flaky and brittle. Try Polyethelene stock instead. I was thinking I'd try machining some out of aluminum stock when the time comes. A machine shop probably wouldn't charge too much to make them (except for the threaded adjuster which is more work) and they'd last a long time.

--
    Jason Kasper
    2000 Mystère 5.0XL
    Lake St Francis (St Lawrence River)
    Lancaster, Ontario, Canada
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.