Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

need RH Pridle rudder casting  Bottom

• Sooo we had fantastic Saturday busting thru the surf and sailing in the gulf off Surfside Beach. Sunday morning the wind was not nearly as strong, and blowing directly onshore and...Well the title block says it all. We went backwards on a sandbar and I snapped one of those delicate aluminum castings right off. The sad part is I know better having done this now THREE times. DON'T try to sail thru the surf with a light onshore wind dummy! Anyway, who's got one of them things for sail? I need the right side, in usable shape please. Thanks for any help or ridicule

--
    Repairable P18
    --
  • Have one, Pete 909-800-5237
  • Third time is the charm!!!

--
    1975 P16 "Spring Rain"Sail # 642
    Home Built 2004 Optimist-Delta "Unity"
    So old it has Dino hide for a sail Chrysler "Pirateer"
    Steve
    Oyama BC
    Lat 50.1167 N
    Long 119.3667 W
    1700 ft
    --
  • kerno: funnyman! I'm ok wit it as long as the third time is the LAST time.
    Again, thanks for all help and ridicule.....the sad thing is: we had it bad, accidentally tacked in the surf, my buddy jumped off to push us round the right way but discovered we were between sand bars so the water was over his head and promptly was "thudded" by the boat with the next wave. (Being "dinged" is getting hit in the head by the tip of a surfboard or catamaran; being "thudded" is when the side of a rock-hard boat like a prindle hits you in the chest and knocks the wind out of your lungs) So anyways, I get lucky and get to shore alone but undamaged. When my bud finally slogs up to where I've turned the boat around, I ask him "you ready to try again?" We did

--
    Repairable P18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.