Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Recommend any sailing schools/vacation trips?  Bottom

• With frozen water and subzero temperatures, I need to get out of Dodge. Tough to have spring fever in January already.

Know of any warm water destinations that also have good sailing and maybe even some Cat sailing courses or something?

-Nacra 2008 F18
    -Upper Midwest
  • Look up red gear racing, they offer camps in Clearwater FL.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I agree with bacho...just got back from a Red Gear race camp last weekend. Robbie Daniels is an awesome sailor and coach...well worth the money. Temps were in the 60's and the water wasn't that cold.

http://redgearracing.com/1.html

Edited by KennyB on Jan 05, 2014 - 04:04 PM.

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • I could be available to help set up local hotels, arrange the rental of (fun but low performance windrider trimerans), island camping trips with (food and tents), etc. in the clearwater area if any of you are getting sick of winter / spring time. Could be done in tandem with some lessons from redgearracing

send me a PM if interested
  • QuoteI agree with bacho...just got back from a Red Gear race camp last weekend. Robbie Daniels is an awesome sailor and coach...well worth the money. Temps were in the 60's and the water wasn't that cold.

Kenny could you give some specifics on the camp like what boats you sailed, how many hours on the water
    with a coach, cost of the camp and any thing else that would be of interest?

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Hey guys... I can testify for Red Gear Racing...Robbie and Jill are the bombs. I had so much fun and learned so much. He gives you personal on the water coaching and video's your on the water performance, so in the evening he reviews your performance on his big screen TV and gives you one on one video and analyses of your performance. They set you up with room and board and good home cooked meals (Jill's a very good cook :)). They can provide you with camp boats and crew, or you can bring your own boat and crew. I've been sailing for 36 years and Robbie coached me so well... I learned so much from doing my old bad habits... to so much more new techniques to build from for the next 2014 season. Don't quote me but check with Red Gear Racing for pricing, but if I recall it's $75 a day for kids, plus $35 for bed, breakfast and supper. Adults cost is $150 a day plus $35 for bed, breakfast and supper. Don't pass up this opportunity...it's never to late to learn something new ;p

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • I've done a couple camps with them, it helped us out a great deal. I'll most likely do another one at some point.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • i want to throw in that Robby is not only one of the best sailors / coaches in the WORLD, but he is one of the nicest guys i have met and have never heard a bad word about him.

I have purchased 5 sails, 2 poles, 1 snuffer ring, and other assorted gear from them, not only without complaint
  • QuoteKenny could you give some specifics on the camp like what boats you sailed, how many hours on the water

They are the South East Capricorn sales reps - so if you rent boats you will most likely be on C2's or Vipers

He was out training the Olympic hopefuls on their shinny Nacra Carbon 17's last month
  • Thanks everyone. Great advice and great feedback.

Much appreciated.

-Nacra 2008 F18
    -Upper Midwest
  • I sail out of Clearwater Community Sailing Center, this is normally where Robbie Daniels and Jill conduct training. I would like to add (I heard) the location is now a Olympic training designation. I have had some business with them and they are GREAT. They will take good sailing and make Excellent sailing. Also yes they are a pleasure to be around.

I also want to add if you want a more relaxed sailing trip "Steve Colgate" at the South Seas resort in Captiva island is very nice also. I some how convinced my wife for us to go there on our Honeymoon, it just so happens a sailing school was there, "really honey I didn't know" icon_wink

This is after we rented Clearwater Sailing Center for our reception HAHAHAHAHA

Will icon_biggrin

Edited by 27fountain on Jan 19, 2014 - 04:44 AM.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.