Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Crew  Bottom

• Where would be the best place to search for a crew in the Memphis Area? On this forum? How many people look around in here?

Thanks;

Buckaroo
  • The administrator/owner of this website, Damon lives in the Memphis area as does fxloop and a few other sailors, hopefully they will chime in shortly.
  • buckaroosailWhere would be the best place to search for a crew in the Memphis Area? On this forum? How many people look around in here?

Thanks;

Buckaroo

Everyone who sails, has sailed, or might want to sail comes here!

What's your name, what do you sail? Or if you have active warrants and don't want to be identified, contact me direct through the contact form and I'll hook you up. We have a nice group of beachcat sailors here.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Is that you Dennis? There were a lot of people last summer checking out the sailboats and cruising through DSA. I took several of them out on my H16. I imagine this season will be even better. I'll have my H16 setup and ready on the beach every weekend all summer long to let anyone try it out ( with a cat sailor on board to instruct ) interest generator :)
    I've got to get in some serious TOB with my H20 ( you could crew for me vise/versa on that beast! )
    I'm going with the super bright pink main/blue jib theme this summer, should draw losta attention, maybe a lady or two will want to get into sailing!
    Also, I noticed a bunch of people at DSA that we're friends of members but didn't have boats. Prime opportunity to network as the temps begin to warm up!

Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • you should bring that pretty sail to Pensacola Beach on Memorial Day !!! icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • YIKES!

Edited by fxloop on Jan 05, 2014 - 09:28 AM.

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    --
  • Guess you have never been down here on Memorial weekend. Look it up .

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • fxloopWhere's a good place to stay and launch?
    P.S. It doesn't take a lot of arm twisting for me to hit the coast with some friends icon_evil

If you go to Pensacola by yourself on Memorial weekend you probably won't have trouble finding someone to "stay with".

http://en.wikipedia.org/w…ay_Pensacola_Beach_Pride

http://www.memorialweekendpensacola.com/images/memdayheader2014.gif
    http://www.visitpensacola.com/sites/visitpensacola.com/files/memorialday-header-001.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Um, I'm getting the drift! No butt pirates for me!
    Aye maytie!
    Maybe somewhere else close by? Orange beach? Gulf shores? That's good sailing where there's no sword and doughnut fights!?

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    --
  • fxloop
    Maybe somewhere else close by?

Best place for Memorial weekend is about 125 miles West of P'Cola at Ocean Springs, MS for the Slip to Ship regatta.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous
    fxloop
    Maybe somewhere else close by?

Best place for Memorial weekend is about 125 miles West of P'Cola at Ocean Springs, MS for the Slip to Ship regatta.

I would have to agree with you on that one! Best regatta of the year in my honest opinion!(Spring fever is a close tie!)

If you don't mind sailing offshore to a beautiful island and eating chicken and enjoying a cold beverage(Pepsi for me!) then this is for sure the regatta for you! Normally a good amount of Non-spin and Spin boats.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Is anybody going to start posting regatta dates on the calendar > That way I can start coming up with ideas on how to get out of work. Yes most old school locals plan an out of town trip on memorial weekend .. From Panama city to Gulfshores , AL. is already booked
    the year before. I will be there , Modified P 18-2....

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • Slip to Ship sounds great and the yard bird and pepsi

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • I guess my real question is do we have a local subforum for volunteering to crew or get a crew? As in, know before you get to the lake whether you are soloing or looking for a crew. Yes, this is Dennis. No outstanding warrants.

H14T
    H16 (upright again)
  • buckaroosaildo we have a local subforum for volunteering to crew or get a crew? As in, know before you get to the lake whether you are soloing or looking for a crew.

Dennis, That's what these local forums like this one
    Forums index page :: Local Sailing :: Tennessee - Memphis
    are meant for. So locals can find each other easier, hopefully this year more local sailing areas will use them to build the local group.

In Memphis we also have the Delta Sailing Association website at
    http://www.DeltaSailing.com where you can post your plans.

Looking forward to when the temperature gets above single digits!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.