Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Have an orphan sail that came with a H18 purchase. Not a Hobie  Bottom

• Bought an older Hobie 18 (which i need sails for and daggers BTW). In the purchase came a box of parts for a 18 and 16. Numerous masts and a like new sail that measures Luff 29' even and foot8'-4". The sail has lugs on both the luff and the foot. It has a fair amount of roach in it. I think it had 4 or 5 batten pockets.
    Question is Any idea what kind of Cat it would be sutible for .
    thanks in advance.
  • Welcome to TheBeachcats.com luskateer!

That sounds like a pretty big sail, can't tell what it's from from the description, can you post pictures of it? (instruction link below) Especially any logos or manufactures tags on it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us more about your new boat and your sailing area.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • a tornado main is 28.5 on the luff

i would think this sail is for that size boat (N20, nacra 6.0, tornado, etc)
    but they have 9 or 10 battens
  • I'm guessing it's a sail from a monohull that someone tried to use on your new boat.

CONGRATS on the boat, by the way, the Hobie 18 is a great boat, forgiving, but can drive it hard and it will take all you can give it - provided it's in good shape!

I've got some daggers, etc here if interested:
    http://gulfport.craigslist.org/boa/4248338589.html

Be sure to check the classifieds here at beachcats, and this forum, for good deals and great folks.

At least you have time to get things sorted before sailing season kicks in! icon_smile icon_cool
  • Thanks for the replys. I'll try to get some pictures up. I've been working on restoring a H16 and H18. I suspect the smaller one is a 1980 and the not sure of the 18. I sail in the Treasure coast area of Florida. and am an older out a shape wannabe catamaran sailor. I also work with the local Sea Scouts here fixing their boats and trying to get them off the puters and into the water. my belief is that once i get them on a cat flying a hull that they'll be more active. I'll be looking for various parts here and elsewhere.
    I also need an xxl harness for my big butt.
    thanks.
    rich
  • Same thing happened to me when I bought my P16, came with a spare sail in good condition, used the logo on the sail to identify the make of boat and sold it for $200. It also came rigged with a H16 mainsail which I sent off to Kerr Sails for repair, sold that sail on this website, and found a set of Randy Smyth P16 sails on CL for $200, they came with Black Magic racing battens, sweet deal!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.