Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Anywhere to beach a cat overnight in San Diego  Bottom

• I am would like to take my SuperCat 20 to San Diego for a few days and its a bit of operation to rig so I would love to keep it rigged overnight if possible. Anyone know of if there is anywhere that it is legal (or unenforced) to keep a cat overnight. I know the beach lock up bars on mission bay say that unauthorized boats will be seized. I did once see a cat next to one the lock up areas that was not permitted and there was no issue. Anyhow...just seeing if anyone has experience or insight. Thanks

--
    Geno Hacker
    Lake Isabella, California
    Supercat 20, 1/2 of a B-Lion, H18, P16, H14
    --
  • Call Fast Lane Sailing & Kayaking and see if they will let you store it on your trailer in their lot. They are in the south cove area on mission bay on Ingraham ST (Access off Dana Landing Rd.) If they can't help, they may know of somewhere you can store it.
    Fastlane Sailing & Kayaking
    2610 #A Ingraham St, San Diego, CA 92109

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • My experiences in mission bay( south of bridge) was you could get away with a night or two of leaving it on the beach before getting a warning. Now, please realize that was 15 years ago.... I gave up on San Diego as they really we're not Phoenician friendly :0

Edited by turborat on Nov 19, 2013 - 06:32 PM.
  • turboratI gave up on San Diego as they really we're not Phoenician friendly :0

Agreed, especially in the time frame you mentioned.
    I think the economy has had a lot to do with the change in attitude there. Tourism was a large revenue source that dropped off big time at the turn of the century. I haven't been called a Zoner nor anything like it in over a decade in SoCal.
    Of course I quit acting like a Barney too, so that may have helped! :)

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I have taken my Mac25 trailer sailer to San Diego and anchored out in mission bay for a few nights and had a really good time and its pretty set up for that...free ramp, free parking, free anchorage.

I have had minimal interactions with the lifeguard boat (harbor patrol) but they were always pleasant. And they seemed to be a little flexible on the rules.

I do recall seeing a H-16 on the beach overnight (not on one of the lock up spots) so I know its still done. I was just hoping if anyone had some secret insight...

Maybe I will take a tent and sleep a night or two on the boat.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • sleeping on the boat might be a good escape from the in laws :)

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • Campland On the Bay... Give them a call

www.campland.com

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.