Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie Cat Getaway sailing on Doctor's Lake YOUTUBE video  Bottom

• We had the boat out sailing on Doctor's Lake, Orange Park, FL this past weekend and had just picked up a gopro hero 3 black which we mounted on the forward rail under the jib furler. Ended up with some good video, unfortunately later in the day I had flipped the cat and upon climbing back on board I managed to drop the wifi remote control which I had hanging on a lanyard around my neck. Oh well.. $80 sitting on the bottom of the lake somewhere.

recent video of the boat in action on youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-sgB6Vy6UU

P.S. she is for sale... see the classified section
  • you are controlling the jib from the wrong side, you should be pulling the rope from across the tramp. This will result the jib to end up directing air to the other side of the sail. which is the way you want it.

--
    Nacra 5.7
    Falcon Lake Manitoba
    Canada
    --
  • QuoteOh well.. $80 sitting on the bottom of the lake somewhere.

But you did remember to tie the shoes to the tramp icon_biggrin

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • mryellayou are controlling the jib from the wrong side, you should be pulling the rope from across the tramp. This will result the jib to end up directing air to the other side of the sail. which is the way you want it.

iowadrivers, nice video and capsize recovery. When I read mryella's comment I thought you were sitting on the wrong side, but after watching the video I see you were actually sheeting the jib in on the wrong (upwind) side of the mast. Use the other (leeward) jib block.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=105922&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.