Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P 19 steun  Bottom

• Hi All
    I Need some help on rigging my P-19, I have THE mast up and THE shrouds are at their lowest adjustment point.
    I have adjusted the turnbuckle on the forestry as short as it will go and the rigging seems quite loose still.
    How loose should they bee if at all ,do I need to push the mast up with the Teflon head on the Dolphin Striker
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thanks in advance
  • It sounds like someone gave you the wrong (too long) shrouds.
    OR:
    Are any of the shackles used on the forestay longer than one inch? If so, replace them with standard forged shackles.

The shrouds should be tight, but not tight enough to prevent the mast from rotating.
    The ball on the mast step should always be tightened against the base. Do not use it to adjust the shroud tension.
    Do the side stay adjusters have the Prindle "P" stamped on them? Or are they a third party piece?

Its really just simple geometry. Something is too long from the point where the bridles leave the bows to where the adjuster attaches to the outer deck.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Is the shackle connecting the upper and lower foresyays proper? The ring should float to the rear with the shackle connecting the 2 forestays. Check the manual if you have one.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.