Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 14 Vang?  Bottom

• I just purchased this Hobie 14 Boom and Sail. is this a vang. I don't recall seeing a vang on a hobie 14

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3JL0lhEfgNw/UeqVOjQfm5I/AAAAAAAAG-k/ktH-z2tzwYM/s912/IMG_20130720_094544.jpg

Edited by klppurdy on Jul 20, 2013 - 08:37 AM.

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • They had them in the early days, and some had the braket installed Long after hobie quit installing the blocks

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I am thinking to put one on my Prindle 15. Normally cats do not sail dead downwind as it pays to sail angles downwind so your app wind stays high and you use the traveller as vang. But on the Prindle it pays to sail dead downwind as the extra speed won't cover the extra distance sailed. By adding a vang you control the leech and do not loose sail area.

Edited by cyclone01 on Jul 21, 2013 - 07:58 AM.
  • I will be trying it out at the beer can race next Saturday. It will be a first for me, I will let you know how it goes. Does anyone know where it should clip on the mast?

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • klppurdy Does anyone know where it should clip on the mast?

If I were installing a vang, I'd use P/N 11870000 (Deck Plate) at the bottom of the luff track. It's the part where the lower main block attaches to the traveller, but it's also used to attach the lower block of a 6:1 downhaul on the H16.......with SS screws and square nuts (ala the downhaul cleat in a standard downhaul setup).

Edited by rattlenhum on Jul 21, 2013 - 08:51 AM.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.