Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Marina Del Rey, Ca.  Bottom

• My friend and I sail on his P-Cat fairly often. Met a guy two rows down that has a nice H18 that he uses for racing and another fairly nice NACRA 5.5 SL that just appeared a few weeks ago. Anybody interested in getting together to swap lies?

Bill O'Keefe

--
    Bill
    Nacra 5.5 SL
    Redondo Beach, CA
    --
  • Is there a slightly more general area to use? Maybe with the population density on the West coast Marina Del Rey is it's own beachcat community?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hi Bill,

The Nacra 5.5sl is mine. Getting together would be great. I'm just getting started with catamarans and could use some words of wisdom. PM me with your contact information.

--
    Gary
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Nacra 5.5sl
    --
  • Good day guys,
    I live close to Gary. I had a couple Hobie 18s back in the 80s. I am currently looking for another boat ( H18, Nacra or Prindle 18.2/19). Used to sail out of Ventura and Channel Islands. It would be nice to have other boats to sail with. I really don't like to go over to Channel Islands or Catalina with only one boat.
    Regards,
    Dennis B.
  • Hi Dennis,

Thanks for stopping by. I sail with a buddy who owns a mint P-Cat. We sail about once a week until about mid-November. Just met another guy at this site who picked up a Nacra 5.5 SL and keeps it in the mast-up storage area near my friend's. There's another guy I met briefly there who has a full-race H18. PM me if you have any questions. Where are you located?

Bill

--
    Bill
    Nacra 5.5 SL
    Redondo Beach, CA
    --
  • Bill,
    I live in Santa Clarita.
    Looking foward to getting together after I find a boat.

Regards,
    Dennis B.
  • Bill, Gary, and Dennis:

Why not come up for the Tri-Point Ocean Race in Ventura on August 17th? We have a good fleet of cat sailors entered in the event and this would be a great venue to see Anacapa, meet some great sailors, have an awesome time, and maybe win a trophy.

That NACRA 5.5SL could be a sleeper with the rating and the fact that is a beam reaching boat... sort of designed for this race!

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I am looking forward to the races off of Ventura but I would also be into setting up a trip with other boats to the islands.

I took my H18 to Anacapa last summer during the "frenchies rum run". Now I have a Supercat20. I also have a mono-hull that I took to Catalina last summer but it would be more fun to be on something faster (much faster). Dennis, when you get a boat we should organize some trips.

Edited by genehacker on Jan 13, 2014 - 07:14 PM.

--
    Geno Hacker
    Lake Isabella, California
    Supercat 20, 1/2 of a B-Lion, H18, P16, H14
    --
  • Hello All,

I just moved to Culver City and am looking to do some sailing in Marina Del Rey. I don't have a boat yet but Im good crew! Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!
  • Marina Del Rey area usually has light winds but you can pretty much count on more wind in the Ventura/Channel Islands area, which is my sailing venue. I'm 25 minutes from the Ventura Marina and would love to have more catamarans sail with me. As the multihull fleet captain for the Ventura Sailing Club, I'd like to invite you to our club meetings every second Tuesday of the month at the Victoria Pub in Ventura and discuss future island trips, races, and daysailing!!! Bob Martinez

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.