Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 - Mainsheet swivel base fairlead broke. Anyone know part number?  Bottom

• The bulls eye fairlead on the mainsheet swivel base assembly just split during a race and went overboard. The mounting plate is still there; looks like it would take 8-32 screws on a 1" center... but there's a panhead screw swivel that sits proud of the mounting plate (so the fairlead must have had clearance for the swivel bolt head). I've found fairleads that look like they might fit the hole pattern, but now way to know from pictures if theres clearance for a swivel; my guess is that this is somewhat special.

Can anyone direct me to a part number? I don't want to replace the entire swivel base if I don't have to

--
    Pairajacks
    1985 Nacra 5.2
    Corvallis Oregon
    --
  • Are you referring to the "traveler"?

--
    Philip
    --
  • I will be very interested to hear about this also. I have a generic replacement bullseye "balanced" on top of the panhead screw now. It don't look right :-/
  • http://www.murrays.com/mm…323&Category_Code=C-MO-F

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • QuoteThe bulls eye fairlead on the mainsheet swivel base assembly

If what you are referring to is this;
    http://www.murrays.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/25-3010.jpg,
    I have a total assembly off an old 5.2 we wrecked.
    As Ron pointed out, the easy solution is to just buy the fairlead & screw on.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jul 12, 2013 - 10:29 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • pairajacksThe mounting plate is still there; looks like it would take 8-32 screws on a 1" center...

Can you post a photo of what is left on your cat so we can help you match the part you need? There are lots of variables here.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Go to West Marine buy the fairlead and mount it on. The same thing happen to me. I had to redrill some holes. That was 5 years ago. Haven't looked back.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.