Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trailer Cradles or Bunks?  Bottom

• I am looking to set up my trailer for distance travel an want to do the most to protect my hulls from damage. Either damage from weight on the rollers or from bouncing down the highway.

I have a Supercat 17 which has very thin hulls.

I was thinking of replacing my rollers with cradles from 10" pvc, but it occurred to me that full length carpeted bunks might be better support.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • If you hulls are not flat (front to back) then bunks don't gain you anything. I think the SC17 is fairly flat, but something to consider. I think good fitting cradles work just fine. Sliding up bunks would be additions friction unless trailer is well into the water. When I had a SC20 it had cradles and didn't have issues.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Cradles. There's several out there, and the $200 you spend is worth it. They'll spread the weight across about 8" which is fine. Rollers are the worst, the weight bearing surface there can be measured there in millimeters. I sail with buddies with 3 supercats and they all use cradles, especially aft where the hull is very rounded.

--
    Hobie 16
    Hobie 18
    G-Cat 5.7
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.