Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

18th and 19th of May,, Alum Creek Sailing Association,Columbus Ohio  Bottom

• This is really short notice for this two day race/party but there is some interest in getting some events for the club.Joe McHenry is the Cat-fleet captain and can be reached at mcraceinc@aol.com.or call 614-760-9000 for more info on camping etc. At present prospects are 2 hobie 18's,18Ht,Shark and my M6.0.I think entry is 35.00 .I am splashing some time early next week to get on there mast up storage beach of which by the way you do not need be a member just 200.00. Bob Grubb
  • Hey I was the 18HT interested.. I posted on the Alum creek face book page a while a go and since then have not heard any interest besides myself. I since then have registered for: Crescent Sail Leukemia Cup Crescent Sail Yacht Club Grosse Pointe Farms, MI May 18 & 19th. It was free for first time people sailing with CRAM. From what I understand there are a lot of cats showing up. On Yacht Scoring it only says 3 f18 and 1 HT but I was told that there are 2-3 more f18s and a few other sport cats signed up that are not showin up on yacht scoring. Apparently the CRAM sailors like to show up the day of the regatta.

Sorry about bailing on my home port but I have already made arrangements to go to Michigan.
  • I will recruit the CRAM sailors and have them come down to Alum Creek for one of our later regattas.
  • Regarding the CRAM regatta, as of this morning we have
    5 F18
    1 F18HT
    1 F16
    2 A-Class
    I'm expecting at least 2 more F18s a couple more A's and a few others. There are a number of guys with H16s that want to join in, but never seem to get their boat on the line. If they'd just talk to each other...

As for heading down south to join you guys at Alum Creek (does J Buchert sail there?), I think a late season sail in early October might be cool. There is a big regatta at Lake Carlyle, IL the weekend of Oct 4th, but that is a looong drive for us Michiganders. Columbus could be a more reasonable alternative.

Edited by rehmbo on May 11, 2013 - 06:55 AM.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • Alex,good luck up there and thanks for the response because at this time any response equates to activity which is what we will start with.I know their are a number boats between Hoover resevoir, Alum and O'Shaunesy (LeatherLips). All are welcome to come out and maybe even get a spot at the club to fill the beach.Personally I think most people do not realize how conveniant ACSA is. If they think it as a posh club for monohulls they will be very surprised. Ok thats enough advertising for now.......PS is the Green Island Race still on at Port Clinton ?There is also the Steeple Chase at Put in Bay....Bob
  • Yes as to Green Island. Here is the NOR for 2013

http://portclintonyachtclub.com/media/2013/gir/notice-of-race.pdf

--
    Mooched Beachcats in the past
    Time to try ownership with Nacra 5.7
    Port Clinton, Lake Erie Islands, Ohio
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.