Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Who makes the most comfortable trap harness?  Bottom

• Hey guys,

I know everyone has their personal preference, but is there a general agreement as to "if I could, I would get"?

The reason I am asking is I am recovering from some back work and I am just looking at taking care of my back a little differently then before. So if I can find something that is more comfortable and/or more supporting I am very interested. I am looking for a full type not the "captain" type.

Thanks again

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • Get a full one will battens in the back I use a ronstan racing and it has pretty good back support

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • Full back with spreader bar is the best bet.
    I have an Aquata Worrell 1000 harness, kevlar seat, adjustable lumbar support battened legs, really heavy duty. I have had it several years and it is still is great shape.
    We have a race that is about 4 hours and half of that on the wire and I felt fine with that much time on the wire. The bad news, it was about 250 bucks several years ago. But cheap compared to another back procedure. JMHO, Ricardo.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • Full length back support with lumbar curve- this could be battens or foam.

Spreader bar in the front to eliminate your torso from getting squeezed into a roll.

Crotchless design- each leg has a seperate strap that wraps around your thigh and is supported by the spreader bar. No wide single strap coming up the crotch from behind leveling all in its path.

http://www.apsltd.com/c-3…5-trapeze-harnesses.aspx

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I Just in the market for a harness. Our local sail shop, Mariner Sails, had several harnesses in stock. They had a trapeze wire rigged so you could try each harness out in the store. I tried the Hobie short and full harness, the Murray's short and full, and one other brand which I cannot remember. The Hobie harnesses looke the best, but I felt the Murray's full was the most comfortable. I bought it with a standard metal spreader bar.

Here is the link to the murray's harness I purchased.

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=30-034&Category_Code=C-TR&Store_Code=MS

One qualifier. I am a total newbie to using the trap. My last time out, I tried to trap out and nearly fell off the boat. So please take my opinion with a grain of salt..

--
    Jon -- Dallas, TX
    Taipan 4.9
    --
  • To some degree, comfort will be dictated by how any particular harness fits your body, and unfortunately, you won't know til you've spent hours in it. I like the Hobie harness, and have another half dozen windsurf harness, some better than others. If you're on the wire for long periods of time, a full harness distributes the load better, but for goofing around for 2 or 3 hours at a time, the short ones work fine.

Dave
  • Thank You,

I am looking at the Ronstan and the Worrell, not sure which one yet.

But thanks again,

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.