Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where can I get daggerbd slot liner?  Bottom

• I have a nacra that needs some of the fuzzy daggerboard slot liner seen in this photo link:

http://www.flickr.com/pho…57632794478867/lightbox/

It is about 1" wide and is kind of like a brush, not a loop carpet. I have used strips of indoor/outdoor carpet before with some success, but I would like the 'real thing'. I know that Murrays sells the carpet similar to what I have been using but I don't want to use that.

Anyone know how to get more of this ORIGINAL liner?
    Thanks!
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • J,

Save yourself a huge headache and go to Lowe's HomeDepot and buy a yard of outdoor loop carpet. Cut it into 1" wide strip. Install with contact cement. Give it a day or two to dry.

This is exactly what Nacra provides today, if you were to get a hold of them. Works a lot better than the fuzzies, and a whole lot cheaper.

--
    Philip
    --
  • I use a bungee to hold my daggerboard, would i like the carpet better?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • i found bungee by itself didn't stay tight enough, long enough

but bungee and cheap stick down carpet strips together work very well

the carpet at first was a bit thick but after trimming down with box cutter blades it's perfect
  • i've used the carpet solution on 4-5 hulls so far. if i line the whole perimeter of the slot with carpet, it's too thick & tight to even slide the daggerbd up and down. there is no 'give' to it like there is with the brushy liner.

i've resorted to just doing the forward and trailing edges with carpet which works best, except sometimes the trailing edge of the board will catch on the carpet at the back and peel it loose when pushing the board down.

the nice thing about having a liner of some type is that it reduces the scratches that can happen to a daggerbd that doesn't have padding. i used to use a bungee to pull the board forward and give it some tension but i found the trailing edge was taking the abuse, so i changed to the carpet.

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • http://www.murrays.com/mm…_Code=C-NF&Store_Code=MS

Murray's Catamaran

--
    Gordon
    Nacra 5.5SL
    --
  • Quote I know that Murrays sells the carpet similar to what I have been using but I don't want to use that.

i'm looking for the original solution or something BETTER than the indoor/outdoor carpet that i have been using. anyone have any new ideas?
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • arch did you ever find a good solution for lining your daggerboard slots. I am going to be doing this also. Any help appreciated.

--
    Gary
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Nacra 5.5sl
    --
  • I just re-did my I-20 before Memorial Day. I used the commercial grade indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's. I used the Marine grade 2 part epoxy to glue it down. All went good except,it takes a while for the epoxy to begin to cure, so need to hold it in place for a hour or so before it begins to set. The epoxy according to the packaging can be mixed and used under water. True the slots are tighter, but like the idea of the blades being locked in. One slides easier and the other is kind of firm. I did re wax the boards before using them. I'd rather have a tight blade then risk loosing it in a capsize or causing damaged to the board or slot when striking something.

--
    Forrest
    I-20 USA-645
    Hernando, Florida
    "There's not enough rum in the drum"
    --
  • Has anyone thought about or tried using the two part spray on/roll on/brush on bed liner material? Seems like it might work and I've thought seriously about giving it a try on my Nacra 5.2 projects. You should be able to build it up as necessary in the areas that you want. Then sand or carve as needed to get a nice fit.

I'm also giving consideration to the 3M Paint Defender product. Spray it on the dagger in the areas of concern to add bulk. It will also protect, and can be removed when you want to replace it. I think you can get it at Auto Zone. http://3mauto.com/paint-defender-spray-film.html

Also thinking about spraying it on the underside of the hull just as a test to see how it protects.

--
    Craig
    Windrider Rave Hydrofoil
    Nacra 5.2 Restored and heavily modified
    Nacra 5.2 (one under restoration)
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.8NA
    SoCal
    --
  • Get some 3M 300LSE double sided tape and some indoor/outdoor carpet. Cut and shape as need and your problem is solved..

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Here is a link to something that might work. I was thinking of trying this out but just ended up using female velcro with peel and stick.

http://www.apsltd.com/c-2…illeranddaggerboard.aspx

icon_cool

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • davidsdHere is a link to something that might work. I was thinking of trying this out but just ended up using female velcro with peel and stick.

http://www.apsltd.com/c-2…illeranddaggerboard.aspx

icon_cool

Actually you can make this stuff yourself... Get some 3M 300LSE and some nylon/polyester felt from any fabric store and marry them together... this is what APS does..

The trick is in the 3M 300LSE....

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Quotearch did you ever find a good solution for lining your daggerboard slots.

no, not yet.
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • arch
    Quotearch did you ever find a good solution for lining your daggerboard slots.

no, not yet.
    j

Oh rats. I was hoping you had.

--
    Gary
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Nacra 5.5sl
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.