Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Selling price for my aluminum trailex trailer  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• I got this trailex aluminum trailer with an 18 prindle.it has no paperwork but is clean and roadworthy. How much should I be able to sell it for? It's around 1985 vintage and has good tires and bearings, mast post and buddies.
  • 400?
  • Where are you?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Hampton bays ny 11946
  • cap,
    just a couple more questions that will help determine the value.........
    1) does it have all the lights including side markers and +80" lights on the rear crossbar?
    2) how does it support the cat? bunks or cradles? are what are they made of, wood, alum, fiberglass?
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • I don't think they made aluminum trailers in 85. Are you sure its not galvanized? If it is really aluminum its worth twice as much as galvanized.

--
    Nacra 6.0na.Sail #111
    Nacra 18 Square. Sail #1004
    --
  • I just looked at it. It's definitely aluminum and says trailex on the fender. There are tail lights but no rear bar light. It has wide tires and rims, mast post and rollers where the hull sits with wood boards along side of them
  • They made them all the way back in the 70's. Is the frame made up of bent extrusions, or is it all straight pieces with castings on the bends? If it was the castings, these were prone to failure and its worth $2-300 assuming it has rollers and decent tires and bearings. If it is constructed of bends, I would push that to $4-500 if all of the lights and everything works.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Ok thanks
  • Ya'll are making a fair number of assumptions about this trailer without seeing a picture. I'm using an 80's Trailex for my F18, and wouldn't take less than $1000 for it without the cat box. My particular trailer is the precursor to this beast: http://www.trailex.com/TX-1100HC-21SC.cfm

Captainvic, does yours have the long main beam running down the center? If so you have a variant of the 1100 model with a 2-boat axle and should command a premium.

Edited by samc99us on Jan 23, 2013 - 07:44 AM.
  • I have sold a few Trailex trailers and I usually get about $500 for them. That is without boxes or cradles and they usually don't have the long tongue that connects to the back beam. Of course, around where I live, trailers don't sell often.

I have a trailer that I set up for my A cat that I'm selling for $1500. I have replaced about every nut and bolt on it, added a HUGE box and a small clamshell type cartopper box. I have also added the A Cat bunks and cradles on the back beam for loading. I think $1500 is high, but it has all the good stuff on it.

Those nuts and bolts REALLY add up!
  • I'm in the business of selling things, what things are worth to some people have little to do with how much money it might sell for. I've watched several of these old Trailex models sit for weeks for $2-400

samc99usYa'll are making a fair number of assumptions about this trailer without seeing a picture. I'm using an 80's Trailex for my F18, and wouldn't take less than $1000 for it without the cat box. My particular trailer is the precursor to this beast: http://www.trailex.com/TX-1100HC-21SC.cfm

Captainvic, does yours have the long main beam running down the center? If so you have a variant of the 1100 model with a 2-boat axle and should command a premium.Edited by samc99us on Jan 23, 2013 - 07:44 AM.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Further north you go the more expensive things become...
  • Sam is correct. I have a trailex with 4 cradles that will take an F-18 & will take nothing less than $1000. The value is the light weight (and assuming lights & tires are good). New ones are well over $2000. Pete
  • captainvicI just looked at it. It's definitely aluminum and says trailex on the fender. There are tail lights but no rear bar light. It has wide tires and rims, mast post and rollers where the hull sits with wood boards along side of them

If it is in fact aluminum and you are not in the hurry to sell - $450 - $500. If you can't find buyer and need to sell right away consider this: 400lbs of alluminum x $0.5/lb scrap = $200 + 2 wheels $75 sold on flee market = $275 - this also will be your minimum price.
    Personally I wouldn't do it this way, use classified section on this forum and you will find the buyer in no time.

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • what do the fleas do with the wheels?

Quote+ 2 wheels $75 sold on flee market = $275

Edited by MN3 on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:48 AM.
  • MN3what do the fleas do with the wheels?

Quote+ 2 wheels $75 sold on flee market = $275
    Edited by MN3 on Jan 23, 2013 - 11:48 AM.

That's the market you use when Godzilla shows up.

--
    Jeff
    Houston TX
    1986 Hobie 18 Sail# 13031
    --
  • A good trailex is worth real money, put it in the classifieds here and it will sell, if you were closer I would come and get it. JMHO, Ricardo.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • Thanks for all the advice. I just listed the trailer in the classifieds with pics for $400 firm.i think that's fair.
  • captainvicThanks for all the advice. I just listed the trailer in the classifieds with pics for $400 firm.i think that's fair.

SOLD! Looks like you found a price that worked. How 'bout them classifieds!
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ex-aluminum-trailer.html

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.