Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hob-omination  Bottom

• Not sure how long the link will be good, but enjoy it while it lasts...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/3445550351.html
  • That's actually a pretty cool job on that. Kinda sad to see an H18 lose its ability to EVER have a sail put on her again, but for what they did they did a good job.

The sailmaker in Austin had a P-16 he pulled the rig off of and stuck a trolling motor on for fishing on Lake Travis. I never saw him use it, but from what people said it made a great fishing boat. And despite only having a trolling motor on board, it hauled ass.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • A retired gent just down the bay from me picked up an H16 project this summer. I was paddling by his place last week & asked why I hadn't seen it out all summer.
    He told me it had no sails & he is working on a mod so as to power it with an 18 sq meter kite he has from kiteboarding!
    His intention is to redo the rudders so he can steer via foot pedals while facing forward. If most people threw that by me, I would think it was something that would never fly...sorry bad pun.
    However this fellow comes from an engineering/fabrication background & his dock has been the home of some really strange creations, many successful, so I'm hoping it happens next spring.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • benedict,
    I totally agree. He did an awesome job, and spent some $$$ on it too. Nidacore is some expensive stuff. That thing would be the ultimate scalloping, flats setup. If I had a couple grand laying around, I'd probably make him an offer on it.
  • there is a guy in Crystal Beach (just north of dunedin) that converts h16's into powerboats with a Bimini.
    they are not all that nice looking.

this one in much better.. but wonder how it handles at anchor or diving off this platform in the summer when a storm pops up...

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.