Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

5.0 Jib Measurements  Bottom

• Quote5.0 jib measurementNov 15, 2012 - 03:01 PMEdchris177
    Nacraman, would you be able to measure your jib, luff,leech,foot? I need a new jib for my 5.0. The one that is on it now seems to big for the 5.0, I think it is actually a 5.7 jib. I'm trying to find out the stock dimensions of the 5.0 jib.
    Thanks.
    Ed, I am so sorry I missed your PM. Usually when I get an email or other message I get some kind of warning but on this site you have to periodically go to the inbox and check. My '83 5.0 ebay special did not come with a jib but one day cruising thru ebay I came across a Smythe zippered luff sail with dimensions close to my brother-in-laws '83. I cut it down and my wife sewed it back together to the dimensions measured off my brother-in-laws. I have put six years of hard use on it. Just went out and dug out the original jib from the '83 5.0 and the dimensions are as follows: Leech-191" Luff-179" Foot-71". This was measured edge to edge of the dacron, not to the center of the luff or clew grommets. Hope this helps. Let me know how yours compare.
  • Thanks for the info. The 5.0 is an '89. The measurements are 5" larger, leech & luff, 1" on the foot. I stretched out the 5.7 on the driveway, & came up with 210x201x78. I have a newer jib for the 5.7 that is larger than that, maybe they also made the later 5.0 with slightly more area.
    Our season is over, boats are put away, I did get 40 days on the 5.7 this summer, & did a couple of 50 mile jaunts to the other side of the lake.
    Any time I log into this site it shows if there are new messages, in the top left corner, just below the "home" tab. It won't show up though if you are just reading & not logged on.
    You can change a setting in your profile so as to give you an email when you get a PM.
    Click on MEMBER PANEL,(near the top, just below Photo albums) then CONFIGURE PRIVATE MESSAGES, select YES.

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 24, 2012 - 06:54 AM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Ed, Heading to Baja today, back Dec. 25. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.