Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Relocating jib blocks on a NACRA 5.0  Bottom

• I've got an 83 N5.0 I'm thinking about putting a spin on. If I do it I believe I'll have to relocate the jib blocks as they are right about where the spin blocks would need to be (about the middle of the tramp on the side of the hull). Anyone ever done this and can tell me how they did it? I've got a couple dead H16's that I could take the beam mounted jib blocks and tracks off of, was thinking this might be a possibility?

Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has put a spin on one of these. Wondering what the pole length would be and where to mount everything on the mast?

I would probably use my extra F16 kite, hoop, and bag and upgrade the F16 to a SNU.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Mac,

Murray's sells a round beam mounting piece for just what you are looking to do. It is hard rubber and it has two holes for cam cleats, or you can install a swivel cam cleat. You will probably have to mount an eyelet on the front of the beam so you can have your 2:1 purchase. You will also probably have to install a barber hauler if you don't have one already.

The 16 system would work and you wouldn't need a barber hauler, but I would go for the newer style cars with integrated cleats purely for the sexy factor. I don't think you would need the low-profile cleats because the clearance will be larger, but they are just so much nicer. If you go with the H16 system, you're really going to want to add the outhaul system so you can control the cars from the other side of the boat.

In addition, you may have to get a different jib or re-cut yours because your geometry will be all screwed up.

On my Supercat 15, I'm attaching the turn blocks for the spin to the sidestays with a line. I have Carbo blocks, so I'm running a bungee from the control block to the turn block to keep it from banging on the hull. The control blocks are mounted on the front beam, which is only like 18 inches away. I had considered mounting the turn blocks on the rear beam, but that was a lot of extra line.

Good luck!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.