Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailing Locations?  Bottom

• I do want to take my Reynolds 21 to other sailing locations, But i think for now i am stuck in this little pond maybe Lake Erie for a day trip but for me that will be a long day! So where do you all sail at or travel to? How far away will you go to sail, how fast can you rig your boat?

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Why make Lake Erie a day trip? Go Friday night and sail Saturday or go Saturday into Sunday. I keep a boat about an hour away with mast up. If I travel it is for at least an overnight. I can leisurely set any of my boats up in a hour or less.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • What are the boats you own? well i would have to find a place to stay with boat! Unless i pay for a marina and its 2 hours away for me.

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • I've got a hobie 18 mast up a half hour away. Last year trailering, from parking the car to pushing off the Pier, could be done in 20 min with my best crew. And finally I drove 1250 miles one way last spring.

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • I have several H18's, a Prindle and Hobie 16, and now a Tornado. I usually camp where I can have the boat on the beach. Is your boat too heavy to push of the beach?

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Nope i pull it right up here is a PIC https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zeFtftbHIVQ/UFUQznNKVAI/AAAAAAAAEw8/w7SL07mjmFU/s946/IMAG0005.jpg

its not easy if i end up in MUD Muck stuff but sand Peace of cake! :)

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Maybe put together a tramp tent and sleep on the boat at the beach. I have beach wheels but many times use Pete Begle's suggestion of pulling the boat up on plastic lattice. Works slick and protects the hulls.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • My wife and I think nothing of a 6 hour drive to sail on the coast. Typically, we leave about 4AM Saturday mornings, arrive about 10AM and be on the water by noon. We spend the night at the hotel and sail all day Sunday and leave for the 6 hour drive back at about 7PM.
    By Monday morning, I am pretty tired but the sailing is definitely worth it. In the summer, there is very little wind on our inland lake and the only decent sailing is at the coast. Gas prices, though, are getting too high to do that every weekend. Typically we do it every 2 or 3 weeks.
    Its never too far to drive for great sailing.
    Regards.
  • Wish i could sail on the coast , the closest for me is the Chesapeake bay! its about 6 hours for me but my women doesn't get up early for nothing!

--
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.