Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nautos vs. Harken triple block  Bottom

• One of the pullys on my triple main sheet system (57mm) has a major crack and lost the bearings. I was trying to find the replacement at the Harken site and online sites, and the cheapest I could find was $100. I did find a Nautos triple block with swivels for $50. Any thoughts on how Nautos compares to Harken?

Thanks-

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • They're pretty comparible with the harken carbo blocks from what I can tell. I have some smaller nautos jib blocks that work really well.
  • did you find a price for ronstan

they are making very good stuff in that size range
  • I just bought a 7:1 Harken Carbo Ratchet set and the Nautos 6:1 set up. The Harken is a touch nicer but there is not a thing wrong with the nautos. For less than half the price, the Nautos is a great bargain. Their customer service is top flight and they ship instantly via priority mail.

The Nautos set up, shipped to Cali was $147.00 for the triple base with cam and the top triple.

Let me say that I have only about three hours on each set. I really cant see the Nautos giving any problems though.

Edited by astglenn on Sep 03, 2012 - 06:38 PM.

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • I would send your blocks to harken for repairs, they have a lifetime warranty

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • bachoI would send your blocks to harken for repairs, they have a lifetime warranty

I called Harken today, 5 year warranty for the original owner. My boat is 28 years old...

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.