Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

1st sail on H-16  Bottom

• I managed to get my hands on a very nice, very original H-16. I polished her up, fixed a couple of minor issues, read the Hobie book that came with it, along with the original sales receipt, assembly manual and log book of every nut, thread and cable that was ever replaced on it, put on my professional sailing drawers that don't seem to help my lack of talent, then I went for it.

Hey now! This is a fairly fast boat in 12 knots of wind. I am seriously smitten!

Compared to my H-18, which I am juuust learning to sail, the simple mast stepping, no boards and a comfortable tramp rail just made it a simple, fun deal. I am impressed.

I am also impressed at just how hard and fast the mast swings on a gybe. Holy hat man! That sumbitch will knock your melon into the land of Ooobla Dee with a quickness. It nearly pranged me. I assume that is due to the short waterline? It comes way harder than my 18. At least it sure seemed to.

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • Gybeing is nice Geln.. Got to take the main sheet between the blocks in hand and guide them from side to side while your tiller hand is smoothly slides the jibe slooo-ly fro side to side .. If you keep a bit of tention on the main sheet it will not haul a** across in the jibe..Be carfull. Dont sit under a cocanut tree when they are ripe.. We got to get out toghter sooooon.. Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.