Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

G Cat 5.7 Whats My History  Bottom

• Looking for some history on my old G Cat 5.7. I would like to know her history a little bit the original sail # is 307 the boat I think is around 1980-03? She is now on Okanogan Lake in BC the only G Cat on the lake . When I got the boat she was in bad shape in good working now
  • Look closely down the center line of the transom and there may be a hull ID#. It will run top to bottom normally in line with the rudder pin so it will be hard to see if the rudders are on the boat. Google GCat and it will give you the history of the owner/builder/cat sailor.
  • Thanks will look at that . Just love to know a bit of her past shot in the dark
  • Has anyone put a bob on the top of a G-cat 5.7 and did it help. It’s a pig to get it back up it when it turtles we needed a power boat not fun.
  • Check your mast for leakage, with a completely sealed mast, the G-c 5.7 will lie on her side without turning turtle for a good bit of time. In heavy air, with both tramps on, you need to get on the hull and the righting line with some urgency or the greater windage of two tramps will turn her on over.

--
    'life is too short to drink cheap beer'
    --
  • G-cat is still "makin waves"

they are close to completing a carbon fiber G21 and gcat blueprints were recently used to build a ROV with an electric engine to do ocean mapping

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.