Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Launching a Cat in Virginia Beach or Norfolk area  Bottom

• I see that some have posted launch sites on Abermale road and Chick's beach Are those still good locations, and where can I find some locals tha would be willing to give me advice. I am getting a H18 and would consider myself a novice.
    Also, I see that some keep thier cats on the beach. Do you have ot get a permit, or permission to keep your cat on the beach during the summer?

--
    Scott Webb
    Virginia Beach - Sandbridge
    Still looking for my first Cat
    --
  • Scott,

I saw your posts on Facebook, but I can't respond at work..

You can join the fleet Yahoo newsgroup at HobieFleet32@yahoogroups.com, or at least search for that name and request to join. One of us will accept.

Albemarle is one of the best places to put in, you don't need a permit, you just REALLY need to bury something to tie your boat down with. We had a bad storm a few weeks ago and the city tagged all the unkept boats and I think they have removed them from the beach. There are a few other places along that beach and a really good one next to Alexanders. Parking is an issue, but the one at Alexanders has a parking lot and there is a restaurant right there.

We have one of our more popular races this weekend, Saturday and Sunday at the access in Norfolk next to Ships Cabin Restaurant. You can swing by and talk to any of us, but we may be kind of busy in the mornings. We have a party at the restaurant Saturday night if you would like to meet more people. We should have a Fleet member (Rowland) sitting on the beach all day scoring the event.
  • Thanks. My family is dealing with a move this weekend so I may not have a lot of time this Saturday, but I want to make it down there and check out the event.
    Looking forward to getting my Cat in the water and learning more about how to sail a Hobie.

--
    Scott Webb
    Virginia Beach - Sandbridge
    Still looking for my first Cat
    --
  • Scott, I am also a novice and will be down at the Ships Cabin this weekend with my boat but will likely not be participating in the race - so happy to engage in some newbie talk if you like

Paul

--
    Virginiasailor
    Prindle 15
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.