Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Suck me Craigslist  Bottom

• 188 miles to look at a H-16 that the DUDE assured me was perfect. I asked all the right questions. I get there and his old lady and mother are selling the boat. He is not even in the picture. The only way to describe this POS is it looked like a sack of scalded assholes. Gelatin decks, rank hardware, trailer suitable for hauling manure to the dump, where it would be best to leave the entire stinking POS outfit.

OK. Who has a righteous H16 for me?

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • astglenn188 miles to look at a H-16 that the DUDE assured me was perfect. I asked all the right questions. I get there and his old lady and mother are selling the boat. He is not even in the picture. The only way to describe this POS is it looked like a sack of scalded assholes. Gelatin decks, rank hardware, trailer suitable for hauling manure to the dump, where it would be best to leave the entire stinking POS outfit.

OK. Who has a righteous H16 for me?

Sorry you had the wasted trip. I've been scouting Craigslist myself and find a lot of low-price "haul away" type deals but they always seem to be a couple hundred miles away. At current gas prices it costs me about $23+ just in gas per hundred miles, so it would be easy to lose money even on a "free" boat.

Keep looking, they have built something like 120,000 Hobie 16's, they are out there.

It would help if you could create a signature and add your location there in case someone has a tip.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Many of us have been there. I have wasted lots of gas looking at "deals". Then one day I drove about 200
    miles round trip on a Sunday afternoon for a free H16 that turned out to be a real gem. Keeping looking.
    Craigslist will introduce you to all kinds of characters.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Man I am super picky about what I would advertise let alone sell to someone. Some poor goober or worse yet, kid will buy that thing and get the shaft. Makes me angry. I essentially told the nice lady that the boat was junk and she should advertise it as a parts boat. I think there may be a pulley there that is usable. I wasn't about to spout off to a woman, but damn.

Now at least I dont feel so stupid. Sounds like it happens plenty.

--
    82 Hobie 18 Alter Signature Model. (The Cisco Squid) Complete refit down to the rivets in 2012.
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • My latest trip was 75 miles each way after work for a set of cat trax for $60. That was a good deal.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Speaking of searching Craigslist..

I used to use SearchTempest to search multiple surrounding cities at once, but Craigslist didn't like losing the traffic and has blocked the way SearchTempest worked.

Anyone have a different meta-Craigslist search that works?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkousSpeaking of searching Craigslist..

I used to use SearchTempest to search multiple surrounding cities at once, but Craigslist didn't like losing the traffic and has blocked the way SearchTempest worked.

Anyone have a different meta-Craigslist search that works?

I think Searchtempest still works for me. What am I missing? I just did a search for 'Nacra' and hit a bunch of stuff.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • ....and for me????

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I agree that tempest does not work the way it did. It kinda mixes local hits with some across the country.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Ahh, I actually see a notice (notice of change) now. It didn't show until I changed the results style. I assumed I hadn't missed any search results (I changed as soon as the 'combine all' was available) but there's no obvious way to know what I don't know. I've certainly never double checked search tempest against a local CL search.

FWIW I still get a ton of results for a 'Nacra' search, even if they're pulled from google. I assume the only difference is the time to crawl and index, but that's not my area of expertise.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • astglenn
    Still got the H 17 and 4.. H16 looking for a home that I saved on Craigs. Two need a small bit of repair. They all need polish and LOVE !! Got the N. Calif corner on H 16s.. And a H 14 to give away for a smile.. Just sayen.. Be here or bee square.. ( Nice hun Bill ie boy !! ) .. Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Hal. I sent you email yesterday. I may have failed to clear the smut filter. I would do another restoration on the right boat. Ill PM you my email addy.

--
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • QuoteGot the N. Calif corner on H 16s..

go ahead and tell the people that you are the number 1 volume dealer in the state!!!

more exciting...love the act now and get the free 14 with purchase of sixteen promotion!!! that stimulates the buyer like socks on a rooster!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • He had me at the part where you get a free bottle of Cabernet with the purchase of any Hobie!

--
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • Looked at a local boat. A 79 H-16. Super nice mid 70's gent that has two complete 16's. Nice trailer. Two great masts and booms. Two sets of hulls that are delaminated out the wazoo along the decks. Softer than rotten plumb.

--
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • Free Cab my Butt.. Case of cab be worth more than the boat.. Got the hotties primed for his arrival. First a little bubblie on a hot day to cool him off.. Then a dance on the lap to warm thins up again. My Rosea' to get him thinken right and I hit him with the deals.. Howm i dooen Bill?? .. He is a young dood and not to experienced in the Hobie way..(Kinde of like the prindle way but has laces in the center of the tramp that need a pad..) Have the trailer all ready to go with tires that will go flat within 20 miles so I can charge for a service call right off the bat.. May bee sell him an xtra sett of tires.. Oh yah.. And one of the tie downs gets lost( How did that happen) Just happen to have a set in the truck.. Only sold in sets though..

Mr Bill.... Getten lost here. Cant read the sheet of hints you snt cuz spilled some wine on it. He wont be for a while so send me a copy.. OK OK I will send a check for the last installmant. Make it out to PBR ?? Bill Keep this betwen U amd Me OK?? Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • HOTTIES? Is there one with a unit that looks like Yogi Berra's catchers Mitt? I love those! I'll take the entire yard full of boats!

--
    81 H-16
    Rescue California
    --
  • " Socks on a rooster"?? Sounds like a safe sex class.. Just sayen.. H

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Regarding the updated Search Tempest, I didn't like it at first, but after using it for a while I actually like it 'mo better. There are a lot of different ways to filter and display the search results. IMO more powerful than before.

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.