Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 6.0 vs Nacra 5.8  Bottom

• I am thinking of upgrading from a Dart 18 to either one of these Nacras. I have sailed a 5.8 and liked it but there is a 6.0 nearby that is for sale and attractive. I sail mostly with my lady in light to moderate winds on lake in upstate NY. We are probably a total of 320 lbs so I am thinking maybe the 6.0 is too much for us. Also, it would be just the two of us setting it up. Any opinions or suggestions.
  • Why get rid of the 18?

Both the 5.8 and 6.0 are a big performance boost. But they are more complex boats with a lot more to worry about.

Given a choice i would start with the 5.8. A little lighter a little less sail, still very fast and powerful. The 6 is a beast by any definition. A 20ft boat with huge sails but only an8.5' beam. Not sure when you wouldnt want to be double trapped!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • I did not really feel my 5.8 was any more complicated than my hobie 18. I think either would be a fine choice.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • If they are priced with in the same ballpark, I would go with the 6.0...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • If you don't decide to go with the 6,0 then please post it here under good deals. I don't have a Nacra yet.

Edited by pknapp66 on Aug 21, 2012 - 07:04 PM.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • What year are both boats, and what price is each boat. These would be big factors in a decision.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.