Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Missing Cat Sailor - Prayers needed for a safe return  Bottom

• Reposted from Hobie forum

Original Link: http://abc10up.com/2012/08/munising-man ... -superior/

Munising man is missing on Lake Superior
    Posted on August 6, 2012 by Cynthia Thompson

UPDATE: The Coast Guard has been unable to reach a Munising man sailing around Lake Superior, and the family is asking for help in finding him. The family of Carl Behrend says he was traversing the lake on the pictured 18 foot Catamaran sailboat. The Munising man is the subject of a search by the U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard, but has not responded to calls on marine radio. There may have been a brief sighting of his sail near Michipocoten Island on Friday. If you have information regarding the whereabouts of Behrend or his sailboat, contact your local police agency or the U.S. Coast Guard.

———————

An Alger County man attempting to sail around Lake Superior has not been heard from in several days.

Family members say Carl Behrend was traversing the lake on the pictured 18 foot Catamaran sailboat. The Munising man is the subject of a search by the U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard.

He stopped making contact with his family about 6 days ago.

Notify your nearest police agency if you have information regarding the whereabouts of Behrend or his sailboat.

--
    85 Prindle 16
    "If you aint the lead dog the view never changes"
    North Carolina
    --
  • I just hope he´s fine and safe.

--
    Patrick DW.
    Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico.
    --
  • Same here

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Happy Ending

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Does this mean there was a happy ending?
    golfdad75Happy Ending
  • Apparently so.

He is laying low waiting on the wind to ease somewhere near Willow Bay, Ontario

http://abc10up.com/2012/0…superior-has-been-found/
  • W00t!! MAN that's good news. Here's to better sailing weather in Willow Bay.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • That is awesome. However, where I'm from 'Happy Ending' means he's been holed up in a massage parlour for the last 6 days. :) I'm sure he wishes thats where he was also.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • The "missing" catamaran sailor's name is of Carl Behrend who is described in one article as a "singer - songwriter" but according to this info he's a singer-songwriter-author or maybe a "singer-songwriter-author-sailor".

http://www.greatlakeslegends.com/

Glad he was smart enough to hole up safely rather than challenge a great lake! I'd like to hear all about his adventure after he gets home. One very small picture I found in a news story, it looked to be a Prindle 18 he was on, couldn't tell for sure.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • WolfmanThat is awesome. However, where I'm from 'Happy Ending' means he's been holed up in a massage parlour for the last 6 days. :) I'm sure he wishes thats where he was also.

HAHA~!
  • MN3
    WolfmanThat is awesome. However, where I'm from 'Happy Ending' means he's been holed up in a massage parlour for the last 6 days. :) I'm sure he wishes thats where he was also.
    HAHA~!

What happens in Willow Bay, stays in Willow Bay.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Next time he should get one of those SPOT GPS so his Family can just pull the computer and see where he is. Pluss some of them let you text via Satellite.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.