Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

g-cat rigging help  Bottom

• I just purchased a 5.0 g-cat and it doesnt have boom or mainsheet blocks. I am a little confused about exactly what blocks to buy with what features. I also am not sure what size boom extrusion to find, any help would be much apprecieated. Its a fixer - upper needing new tramps and all but I just know I am going to lve it if I could ever get it on the water, probably sail it at cedar key on the gulf.
  • Jam, check out my photo album under beachcat members, I too have just acquired a G-Cat 5.0 and am busy renovating it..........

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=86940

The G-Cat came with 4:1 blocks but I have upgraded to 6:1, here is a link to my old H16 4:1 Seaway blocks and how to rig

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=63029

Any questions just post here and either me or Kraven will help you out. There was a guy selling off his 5.0 for parts, his contact no. is (801) 699-6518, out of UT, by the name of Kin.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • PS, check your private messages........

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Thanks for your post turbohobo, good to know someone else is fixing up a g-cat5.0! I checked out the mainsheet block arangement of the h-16 and is the g-cat also have the upper 2 blocks located right non the boom? or can they be a seperate unit? How was it set up originally? I am going to call tis guy in utah and see what he has, thanks again
  • I am running 6:1 Seaway blocks on mine. Triple up top and a double with a ratchet and becket on bottom. Look at my posts and I have one post where I detailed all the Nautos blocks to get for the main and jib. I purchased the Nautos jib blocks and I like them a lot. They're very similar to Harken carbo blocks. You should be able to get the Nautos main blocks for around $130 brand new. Ordering from nautos-usa.com is cheaper than on ebay but it's the same guy so if you ask him to match the nautos-usa.com price he will.

I'm going to be putting my G-Cat 5.0 up for sale soon. It's ready to go and all the problems have now been fixed with it. It could still use a new jib, it's pretty bagged out and is missing a tooth on the zipper. It's still usable thought. The main is pretty solid after paying a lot to have the problems repaired. I also re-did the trailer with new rollers, new bearings, and a white paint job.
  • On the G-Cat, instead of 2 single blocks, it had 1 double block, the boom only has 1 block hanger.....contact either PreSailed Parts or PBegle, you will find their contact info under Classified Ads, Parts for Sale, they might have used 6:1 blocks. but if you want to go with new, do as kraven says and check out the Nautos blocks, they are really good value for money.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.