Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Oceanside, CA boat launch  Bottom

• Where can I launch a beach cat in Oceanside, CA? There is lots of beach there and a harbor with a marina, but I am just moving to the area and don't know my way around yet. Where is the best place(s) to launch?

Thanks, Richard
  • I don't think you can take boats out on to the beach there. But the marina is a very easy sail to the open ocean. If it's your normal on-shore breeze then the only launch ramp faces into the wind, and it's pretty much a couple long tacks to get out of the marina and channel, then you're free.

The website currently says launching is free and it's $5 for parking. Sounds great. The launch ramp is the road around the southern end of the harbor. I would be cautious if going on a weekend afternoon because of tourists/beach-goers.

--
    Redondo Beach, CA
    '80 Prindle 16.
    (Got it for free!)
    --
  • Richard,that's my home town and the launch ramp is a tough one big wind shadow with typical onshore pattern but go for it anyways beach launching in that area could be sketchy with beach break waves I know los Angeles and Ventura counties beach launching is illegal ! I've got a couple low key spots up here Ventura ,but more than once we've had the boat riged and the lifeguards show up and shut us down, it's a little bit of a drive but I plan on launching at fiesta island in September some places I would poach if I had to beach launch take a look at buccaneer , warmwater jetty in Carlsbad its right across from the power plant let me know if there is still a fire ring there! If you have to beach launch just make shure there are no lifeguards around here's the ticket meet someone in the military and go on base! Miles of beach good waves too!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.