Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Updates to "Ultimate Cat. Buyers Guide"?  Bottom

• In 2000, Mark Michelsen wrote "The Ultimate Catamaran Buyers Guide," and published it online. < http://www.sailingproshop.com/catamaran_guide.aspx > That was 12 years ago.

I have read it (parts of it several times) and, as a newbie, found it very helpful. Does anyone have any updates or epilogues to Mark's report? Has anything changed in the last 12 years? Are there any new boats out there that should be mentioned now or older boats that are now falling by the wayside? Have any new "things to look for in a used boat" come up? I'm sure that some of you have different opinions than Mark. What do you think? Please let us know.

Richard
    boatless
  • crew weight and ability to right the boat matters more than anything for recreational fun.
  • I'd like to see it in the form of an app that also contains detailed data for each boat such as mast lengths, rigging and line lengths for each boat. Sail area and sail measurements. Maybe an index of what boats may have cross compatible sails. Basically an ultimate Beachcat reference guide I can keep right on my phone. If we detailed it all here it could even be a Beachcats .com branded app with credits to all sources. It could even contain info on popular beachcat sailing locations around the world.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I'd be willing to contribute info from my soon to be 2 boats to that.

Even a word document would be fine. Doesnt have to be fancy.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • The detailed boat info and the "places to sail" (I even own the domain SailingPlaces.com) have been on my list for a while. I plan another big upgrade to TheBeachcats.com over the winter, so it would be great to start collecting detailed info, history, and buying tips on all the beachcats that could then be placed into the database.

I'm thinking of starting a new forum "Beachcat Model Info" and then we could have a stickied thread, one for each model of cat to collect info and advice in one place that wouldn't get lost.

How's that sound for a start?

An app would be cool but in my opinion most phone apps from websites have begun to become kind of useless when phones can now view webpages as well as computers (which they are). Just a matter of making the output (small screen friendly) which is itself a reverse of trends when monitors have become larger and larger.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkousThe detailed boat info and the "places to sail" (I even own the domain SailingPlaces.com) have been on my list for a while. I plan another big upgrade to TheBeachcats.com over the winter, so it would be great to start collecting detailed info, history, and buying tips on all the beachcats that could then be placed into the database.

I'm thinking of starting a new forum "Beachcat Model Info" and then we could have a stickied thread, one for each model of cat to collect info and advice in one place that wouldn't get lost.

How's that sound for a start?

An app would be cool but in my opinion most phone apps from websites have begun to become kind of useless when phones can now view webpages as well as computers (which they are). Just a matter of making the output (small screen friendly) which is itself a reverse of trends when monitors have become larger and larger.

That would be cool

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.