Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

What size outboard?  Bottom

• I very limited to boat launches here in CT due to rocky shores and winding channels out to sea… some of which have a pretty good current (~5kts) at mid tide. I found a great 1.2hp 2-sroke craftsman motor on craigslist, would this propel my H18 over 5kts?
  • I have a 2hp and a 3.3 mercury. About 30lbs, both do a great job. The question is how are you going to attach them icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • Magic

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I was goinf to build a bracket that spans across the hulls with some nice aluminum square tubing I have at home. My initial thoughts were to put it across the stern behind the rear cross bar, it would be great to have it here for ease of use but poor for weight distribution. Now I'm thinking I would put it forward of the front cross beam, the motor would be locked in place and I'd use the rudders to steer, I may have to rig up a remote throttle though. I'd also want to have the motor flip up sideways to clear the water while sailing. How do you have yours mounted?

Edited by car_guy on Jun 29, 2012 - 11:27 AM.
  • I just bought and installed a Cheeta mount for my Nacra Inter-18. Yes, it was pricey, a little over $500 but it installed easily and works like a charm. The owner/developer Peter was very helpful and offered all of my money back if it did not fit correctly. I'm using a #30 Suzuki 2.5 hp engine and with 2 people on board it pushes my cat along real well and flips up out of the water when sailing.
  • Well, I have mounted in-front of mast and used rudders. I don't like that so I am in-process of building a Aluminum bracket/undercarriage. Hard to explain, but I have already purchased and cut the AL pieces. I need to get it welded up and through bolt next. As soon as I get it done I will post pictures.

Will icon_razz

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.