Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Want to trade 18" corrugated pipe for 12" in Philly, PA.  Bottom

• I recently found used 13' section of (i guess) 18" corrugated pipe. It's about 18" inside and outside diameter around 21" ... it doesn't fit under my cat!!! icon_eek
    May be somebody in aria has 12" pipe and want to trade? My pipe used but in pretty good condition.

Thanks,

--
    Andrew
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A lot of great surfers were ruined by family and steady job.
    --
  • You could put some type of spacer under the brackets for the rollers or cradles (whichever you have) to pick up the cat a little, I've seen steel square tube and longer u bolts used. I work at a steel fabrication shop, if I can help you out let me know, I can either weld up some scrap for you or just cut down some scrap tube, it wouldn't cost you much more than shipping, I just pay per lb for scrap, and for time in the weld shop, you'd just have to paint it and get longer u bolts.

PM me if interested, either way good luck,

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • Quote ... it doesn't fit under my cat!!!

You could cut out a section the length of the pipe and replace it with a plywood bottom. That wold decrease the height of the pipe to allow it under your cat, and make it easier for you to mount it to your trailer.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Thank you for offer Cesar, but it will require rise cat for 4"! That seems to me little excessive. Started thinking about cutting 4" slice of pipe and then mounting it on plywood somehow.

--
    Andrew
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
  • Things can go bad pretty quickly if you don't know what you are doing. Be careful where you are laying that pipe. teacher

--
    Eric C

Force 5 project boat
    Unnamed

Previous boat
    1980 Nacra 5.2
    "Double Vision"
    --
  • No problem Andrew, good luck with the project.

hyperopeThings can go bad pretty quickly if you don't know what you are doing. Be careful where you are laying that pipe. teacher

You seem to be talking from experience or seeing someone else's experience, do you have a story to share? Just wondering

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • Still looking for trade. icon_wink

--
    Andrew
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.