Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Gill Skiff Trapeze Harness on catamaran?  Bottom

• I have an opportunity to pickup a new Gill Skiff Harness for around $100. I'm wondering if this skiff harness would work on an h16? From the research I did on google, it will work. What are the advantages and disadvantages? I know it doesn't have a spreader bar but it seems to be well engineered to distribute the load.
    http://www.apsltd.com/p-1…-gill-skiff-harness.aspx

Edited by PurdueZach on May 28, 2012 - 07:37 AM.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • It looks comfy and the price is right. Do the forums a favor and buy it and give it a good review.

I like harnesses that don't ride your crotch, the one your looking at seems like it wont ride that much. So its good in my book.

Edited by jmecky on May 28, 2012 - 10:51 PM.

--
    ALLEY CAT 1984 RED LINE HOBIE 18 MAGNUM
    Sail # 10505 or 277
    San Diego, Ca
    --
  • Looks fantastic, skiff sailors hang on the wire more or less the same way we do. Do it!

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • I never run one anymore without the spreader bar. It makes it so much more comfortable than the pincher in the center. JMHO. I have an Aquata Worell harness and it is great, very comfortable and the spreader makes it better. The quick release bit is a bunch of crap. If you have a good harness and good handles and good rings getting off is easy. The problem is if the quick release gets triggered inadvertently which is more common than needing it. In fact my quick release has been disabled, i noticed it loose twice and said this is not going to end well. When it goes you go from sailor to swimmer in a heartbeat.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • I have a magic marine light skiff harness and I like it well enough. Be warned, these skiff harnesses are designed under the assumption that you are out on the wire almost all the time, which means they aren't as comfortable as they could be when you are sitting on the hull or trampoline.

That said, the lack of a spreader bar hasn't bothered me at all (that could be because of my size though.)

--
    Daniel T.
    Taipan F16 - USA 213
    Clearwater, FL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.